When I was younger I went through phases of keeping a diary and I could see the difference stages of my growing in accordance with the type of diary. None of them were filled and the last was a very studious looking leather lockable diary (they were all lockable) I dont know where they are now or whether I would like to read them again, I highly doubt it actually. So Ive been reading a few ramadhan online journals this month from Aaminah, Yosra and Aalya to name the ones Ive been reading the most. So I was just thinking, why didnt I start a ramadhan diary.... maybe it would have helped me see things more clearly (see previous post) but then I worry that I would still have done, or not done as the case is, the same things and then it would have put me more in a funk of this month. So in a way Im glad I didnt start one, and Im glad that I get to see what other people are doing which gives me a push (although not in the cooking front like Aalya) I wonder how next year will be, if I am here, as I will insha'allah be a wife by then and have 2 people to look after. Will I see friends just as much? Will I go for taraweeh with my husband? Will I wake up early for night prayers before fajr? I will definately have to write out a 'things to do' list before that time.
Anyways, just wanted to get that down :) Im 'working' and its pretty quiet here
Peace and salams, Ammena
as salamu alaykum sister,
ReplyDeleteare u moving to UK? Where about (if I can ask)?
assalamalikum sister, yes you may ask :D insha'allah i will (at some point) be moving down to London
ReplyDeletewa alaykum salam,
ReplyDeletemash'Allah I live there :D
Assalaamu alaikum,
ReplyDeleteA Ramadan journal is a nice idea... next year insha'Allah.
By the way you're tagged ... kinda! :D
Salam,
ReplyDeleteI fell on to your blog while doing some searching on strangerinthisdunya's blog. You have got a nice one, and keep it up.
Wassalam,
Nice idea. I like it.
ReplyDeleteInshallah something for next year:)
I know a lil late but ----
Ramadan Kareem!!!
Oh no! The lockable diaries :O I was an evil kid, I broke the locks of my little sister's diaries, to read who was her latest crush ect
ReplyDeleteI had a diary when I was 12/13... my dad found it. :/
ReplyDeletePS... glad to see you got rid of word verification! :D
I never really kept a diary, but since meeting my husband i have, it's just nice to write sometimes and there is'nt anything in there that he could'nt/should'nt read. lol.
ReplyDeleteI thought i could convince Ammena to make some bourek and be domesticated... no such luck LOL.