So yesterday I 'unofficially' moved from Cambridge to my mums, I saw unofficial because it was supposed to be permanent but being the procrastinator I am, time slipped by ;) and my mum wanted me back by hers for a certain time. So I packed the car with as much stuff as I could and headed over with the intention to go back another day and finish things off insha'allah. So now Im at my mums, bored cause theres noone to talk to bar the dog and the numerous phone calls I have been making to the doctors to find out my test results (with no such luck) Insha'allah Ill be going back to Cambridge tomorrow to get the rest of my stuff, lunch with a friend and maybe coffee with a sister (i havent asked her yet) Got to drop off some things at value village & my modem at rogers, then thats it! I got a little emotional yesterday, saying goodbye to a friend who had helped me clean a little and was standing outside my building. Its been my home for nearly 2 years now.. its my longest abode since moving to canada, and longest since I left my home back in uk to go to uni in 2000. Its also the first place I have settled, a big space all to myself with proper rooms and bills and things. My last place was a room, this was a 2 bedroomed flat and Im going to miss it tons.. I think I will probably have a little cry before leaving tomorrow. Not looking forward to that!
Anyways, I just wanted to keep you all up to date with my little adventures over here.. still dont know whos picking me up from the airport, got 1 suitcase packed with 70lbs so just the other one to sort out insha'allah. Trying to get my car transferred over to my mum at the moment.
Had a busy weekend apart from the packing, I went out for lunch on saturday with a friend I met at the mosque. We chatted, its been awhile since we met up and so much has happened in both our lives since then. I went to watch saw V with a friend from work... wasnt impressed! then we went for thai food for a few hours and discussed our future apart :( Then I drove out to Milton and met my snoboarding buddy who I used to work with.. that was nice, we havent seen each other in soo long and I was touched that (even with 2 kids) she met me past 8pm to sit with me for 2 hours alhamdulillah.
So for the next week, cambridge tomorrow, thursday at mums, friday Im going to mississauga to meet up with Nadia, Aalya and insha'allah stay the night at Aminahs, then breakfast with my friend Melissa from college.. then back up to mums until I leave on the tuesday then. Mums got the tuesday off, which will make for interesting times and thats when I fly. Think Im going to try this live blogging like iM hehee... sat at the airport blogging about the planes ;) will see. I also have a few pics I want to eventually upload, whether here or in uk.. need to put on facebook, so watch out.
Anyways, remember me in your duaa everyone, for my health, my deen and my future insha'allah. Peace and salams, Ammena
Salam alaykom.. OK.. maybe I'm tired....or maybe it's finally hit me...this blog made me cry sis ....
ReplyDeletegonna miss u...but it;s silly..cause we chatted just as much when u were in UK..
or maybe I can feel ur emotions too and wanna just send u a huge HUG.
I dunno :P
I just wish the best for you cause you deserve it soo much.
May Allah bless you always and keep you safe.
You're always in my duaas.
XO
Assalaamu Alaykum,
ReplyDeleteDear sis, I'm even more nervous now. I'm so nervous for you that you don't have to be ok?! May Allah make everything easy for you. I don't think I've ever said this but I think you're a very brave person ma sha Allah!
It's always sad when you move. I'm sure you will be missed by many!
*hugs*
uff I'm tired just reading about your busy weekend!!! Slow down woman.
ReplyDeleteWhich airport are you talking about? Where are you flying to?
Looking forward to meeting you in London. Btw dh and kids booking today for Dz hols in December so start your party plans ...we've got the house to ourselves!!!!
Take care sis. You are in my du'as.
AsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteWow, time has passed so quickly. Reading this post has me all emotional too - bringing back memories of when I moved out of my home in England. You will get through it sis, and inshallah things will work out for the best for you in the UK. I will make du'aa for you inshallah.
HUGS sis! Insha'Allah all goes smoothly. Allah bless you. xxx
ReplyDeleteUmm Ibrahim
Wishing you all the best :)!
ReplyDeletethanks for the well wishes and the duaa girls.. much needed :)
ReplyDeleteInes: flyin into manchester insha'allah.. as for party, hold the pre-nikah party plans for awhile (see the forum) lots to discuss before ;)
Inshallah your always in my duaa's Ameena, keep your head up:)
ReplyDelete