25 October 2008

The other half

ok, so after a busy week.. ive finished work now and since I got a little poke from ines thought i would fill you in on the other half of my last weekend...

Where was I? oh yes.. the party... so in turn a few people turned up and we brought out a little food.. there wasnt too much, but it was enough and nice all the same.. cocktail sticks with cherries, pineapples & cheese on em :D we sat around chatting and discussing some very random topics masha'allah. In the end the girls who stayed the longest were Ms eyesS, my close friend aminah and a sister i met at the mosque during taraweeh prayers last year masha'allah.. it was interesting, the different walks of life these girls have all had and what brought us all together. My mosque friend asked how everyone knew me and a few girls actually knew each other before me.. like aminah went to uni with my friend filza and in turn aminah introduced me to filza when I moved to cambridge. She commented that she was an outsider because she only knew me.. made me smile, I was the mutual reason that a few people were there and I like that.. I have made some close friends here in canada, friends I dont think i would have made in england and i question these friendships constantly. As Ms eyesS left later in the evening (around 1am) it got emotional.. I admit I havent been the best friend with keeping in touch with her, she has always been the one to visit me in canada when she has been up, and I only went to see her last august (when she moved down like 3 years ago or something) for that i apologise and i pray she forgives me. I also pray that she comes to visit me in uk in the near future.. i would love to show her the things I have talked to her about, for her to meet bro A cause he knows all about her :D masha'allah. To see the friends I have there and, of course, to take her shopping!! heehee. insha'allah. Aminah mentioned it was amazing to see the friends I had made in such a short space of time, the people I had touched.. and I tell you, that nite was a little eye opener... and I need those once in awhile. I decided to rethink my 'friends list' noo.. not on facebook, you ninnies!! in my life!! But i was warned to not try to change how I am... Im the organiser you see, i sort out getting together with people and badger them until its done.. but Im getting to a point now were it exhausts me (physically & mentally) and Im sick of being let down! will see.. its been a hassle trying to fit everyone in to my schedule before I leave here too! but thats another post.

On sunday we woke early and aminah left for an islamic history exhibition at the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) I pottered around for a few hours then left to make my way to nadias to drive to the aqiqah. This was the first aqiqah i have ever been to and didnt really know what to expect, although 2 ppl had told me all it was was food... I knew the whole reasoning and the slaughtering thing behind it, but being the veggie that i am i didnt really get into that! so i just sat back and enjoyed the time with my friends. I met up with a dear friend who has moved to london and was back for a few weeks, this was to be the 1 and only time i would see her here before i meet up with her there. Insha'allah shes offered me a place to sleep while i sort myself out.. so its good to know we will be seeing some new things there together, and she wants to do some travelling when Im back too insha'allah :D so looking forward to that :) The whole day was nice.. I left around 830pm with the promise to meet up with a few girls before I left insha'allah.. memorable weekend, alhamdulillah.

There were a few things I didnt do this weekend that I regret, but Allahu alim. I wish I had taken pictures while I was moving and that I had took my camera up to my mums, I saw some lovely horses on the side of the road that I would have stopped for.. and a few nice shots of my mum with Nadia, 'shes a nice girl' she tells me :D erm.. yeh I know!! lol

Anyways, I should probably get around to finish tidying up.. Im meeting a friend for lunch in an hour :D Watch out for more soon :D
Peace and salams,
Ammena

4 comments:

  1. Salam alaykom sis...
    I'm pleased that you have a little more idea how many people's lives you have touched with your personality and huge heart. Masha'allah. But still, I am sure you have just touched the surface. ;)
    this is all so exciting..and you know, you do what you can when you can and I am sure the friends that you have that maybe you didn't get to see or visit will certainly understand. Incha'allah.
    I'm looking forward to the next chapters of your adventures sis. :) It's been a long wait and incha'allah you will be rewarded with your sabr.
    luv ya XOOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really nice time--and you sound like a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu'alaikum sis,

    Oh man oh man, its not even me that's moving and I'm feeling slightly sad! :(

    But, one door closing means another door's opening :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamu alaikom,
    Yeah, I wish we had spent more time together but you moving back seemed so far away. LOL Oops, lookie dat, it's now happened! Time goes by sooo fast. Anyway, I was glad I got to go to your party for sure. And I do hope that one day I will visit you in the UK. In fact, I plan on squirreling away some money just for that purpose. Insha'Allah, even if it takes me five years to save up. LOL Until that day comes, you gotta post lots of pictures now, though, okay??? Take care, sister!

    Umm-T

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed