so I promised to fill you all in and that is my intention insha'allah.. where do I start?? Friday night... Nadia actually got to my house late, around 945 ish but was good to see her eventually when she knocked on my door with her duvet, pillow & bags :) We talked for a little before realising she hadnt eaten and headed off to Quizno's for a sandwich, decided to try baskin robbins for ice cream afterwards too. However, it was shut and we ended up at Crabby Joes for dessert where I ordered the sickest (take it whatever slang way you want!) chocolate cake. We had such fun with my camera, with the brown paper covered table and crayons provided and with each other. I cant remember the last time we had that much fun... its been awhile but it was good to experience again. I always have so much fun with Nadia and feel like Im totally myself around her, she knows who I am, I know who she is and we dont care how everyone else is! Shes my friend and I know I can rely on her for anything, well except to show up on time.. but who out of my 'friends' can I say that about?? Anyways, we went back... watched a little bit of mean machine, boxed things a little, talked more and slept.
I woke up early (7am) to get myself sorted and ready to pick up the van at u-haul, the guy had told me I could turn up at 8 but there would be people before me to pick up their vans.. erm, excuse me? what happened to first come first served?? Anyways, I got there just before 8 and guess who was the first to be served? well me, of course!!! I picked up the van and headed over to Tim Hortons to grab coffee and croissants for my helpers :D I got back to my place and was able to finish up a little bit more packing before the others arrived, then we set about organising. It took 4 of us about an hour to load the van.. that was with chatting, laughing and eating in between moving backwards and forewards which was pretty good timing. Im upset that I didnt take a few pictures, I would have liked a nice pic of my helpers infront of the van or something :( to remember the day I moved my stuff out of cambridge, but oh well. Allahu alim... so we left for my mums about 1030, dropped a few boxes (my islamic boxes) at Nadias and arrived at my mums about 1150 -Nadia didnt realise the speedo was in miles lol.. sorry, just wanted to get that in :D heehee.. i thought it was funny to watch her speeding down the 401 thinking to myself, that girl hasnt driven in uk.. and she isnt seeing how slow everyone around her is driving lol :D
When we got to my mums, I was a little nervous... you prob all know my mum has a thing about pakistanis, and i hadnt told her nadia was, I just didnt think it was important.. anyways, we turn up, she backed the van into the drive and we went in for a cup of tea. We all sat and chatted, of course my mum and stepdad asked her all the usual questions, esp since she has lived in UK and doesnt hide it for a minute that she would run back if she had the chance. So there were lots of comments, questions and little silences but it went very well alhamdulillah. My mum even told her to come back to visit before I leave :D We left about 230 and made our way back to cambridge, got stuff in a massive queue and finally got to mine about 430ish i think maybe even later.. I tidied up a little, well tried and we chilled for a bit while waiting for people to arrive. There were less people coming now after 4 cancelled on me that morning, but alhamdulillah i was still expecting some good friends to turn up...
and that, my friends, is enough for this evening... I really should get some work done insha'allah
Peace and salams, Ammena
This Nadia seems a nice girl :)!
ReplyDeleteI like your blog! May Allah reward you abundantly.
ReplyDeletesalam sis
ReplyDeletelol thats the only thing i hate about moving, the packing.
but inshallah you are all ready to come back to the uk(yippee) and that the party went well.
take care
wa salam
khadijah
al hamdullilah... another check on ur list :)
ReplyDeleteGlad all worked out. ( still hope u have room in ur suit case fer me !! lol need more room now.belly is starting to pop out !!)
luv u !
Assalaamu Alaykum,
ReplyDeleteSeems like it's all go for you there sis! I hate packing and un-packing! Thanks for sharing it all with us though. I'm so excited and nervous for you!
Take care sis
xxx
I am still waiting for the second part of the recount...You know me , I had to be the one to moan... :lol:
ReplyDeleteas salamu alaykum,
ReplyDeletehope everything is going fine for you insh'Allah!Do u already know which area of London are you going to stay at?
Yeah, Nadia sounds cool.
ReplyDeleteReminds me of my bestfriend back home...