







1. Notting Hill tube station 2, 3 & 5 Some of the stalls at the Eid event 4. my hennaed hand :) 6 & 7. Some of the art work on sale there 8. Dinner with the girls :)
So the day of Eid is officially over in the country I am in! Insha'allah it has been a good day for everyone out there... it was weird for me, Im used to praying at cambridge masjid then driving the hour to deal with the traffic and chaos of Toronto. Alhamdulillah it was different this time.. I missed my friends, terribly! More than I imagined I would... I missed, the whole guessing game of what Nadia is doing for Eid and whether I would see her at some point. I missed randomly bumping into girls I hadnt seen for ages at the Rogers Centre. I missed spending time with Aminah and trying to find her a husband. ;) I missed being able to organise things to see other friends.. but alhamdulillah
Anyways, so I went to the Eid event in Ruislip.. it was far but took me about an hour to get to. I decided to walk from the tube station to the community centre after seeing my bus drive past, only to get to the stop the directions gave me and not be able to see the centre. Alhamdulillah I bumped into a cute family and sort of adopted them masha'allah... we got to the centre a little late but alhamdulillah it started late (as usual) and although the salah was supposed to be 9am (and a second at 10am) we only started around 10am.. it was outside in a marquee with carpet on the floor that had soaked up the moisture from the grass and was making my bones cold, which wasnt good seeing as I think Ive finally kicked this cold. Eventually we were allowed into the halls to the stalls and the food.. I bought some bits that were very not for that time of a morning, but I was hungry and cold so I didnt really mind.
After dhuhr I made my way back into central London, I actually found my own way to Hyde Park mosque (very pleased with myself, incase you didnt realise!) After this I met up with the girl Im staying with and we went to eat in Covent Gardens with another flat mate and a mutual friend of ours through Nadia masha'allah... We had fun alhamdulillah.
On the way back I phoned my auntie.. my grandad has been taken in to hospital again last week.. they havent determined what the pain is that he keeps having. I only pray that they will be able to figure it out soon and sort it, rather than letting him out and him having to go through it all again. Insha'allah. I think Im going to book my tickets back up north tomorrow for next week insha'allah. Then stay up there till the after the new year if I havent got a job by then that is.. Allahu alim.
Well my readers... its late and I still have to pray isha.. Ive just been chatting with me girl dee who always manages to put a smile on my face alhamdulillah. Enjoy the photos
Peace and salams, Ammena
Eid mubarak! Miss you!
ReplyDelete-Pixie
Eid Mubarak to you, Ammena!
ReplyDeleteHey Ammena, all in all it seems you had a good day. Eid Mubarak :-)
ReplyDeleteEid Mubarek!! So glad to hear that you had a good time!
ReplyDeleteLove the henna...so much fun!! Food looks yummy too!
Eid mubarak girls.. hey pixie I saw a lady at the event who soo looked like an older version of you, it was scary.. I had to do a double take ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a shame he did'nt like your henna - and give up on cafe nero, it's awful, but algerians seems to like it lol. I prefer starbucks myself :)
ReplyDeleteHope to hear good news soon :)
Eid Mubarak Ammena,
ReplyDeleteYou were in Ruislip??? I lived there for a year and a half about 8 years ago!
BTW, I've got something similar henna-ed on the back of my hand too thanks to my SIL. :)