24 December 2008

Xmas is here

So its here tomorrow.... this year is different. Usually I go up to my mums Christmas eve and stay for as few a day as possible, then back to work.. although the past 2 years I have also been going to the 'Reviving the Islamic Spirit' convention which lasts over 3 days masha'allah.. I will miss that this year, I have been following Organica's blog who is at the week long (I think) retreat before the convention masha'allah. Im hoping she passes on salams and hugs to a friend of mine, would be cool to think of them together :)

This year Im not working (obviously) so I have been at the family house for quite awhile now since coming back up North last tuesday. I will be here for the christmas holidays without a car although I have booked a car to rent from next Monday so insha'allah Im going to pop over to west Yorkshire to visit a few friends (you know who you are!)

I pray everyone has a quiet few days off and gets to spend time with family if they do celebrate christmas..

5 comments:

  1. Aww, I miss RIS tooo!!! altho i only went to the last one... but it was so much fun, i really wish i could go back again this year!
    There's absolutely no chance of snow in my area so i've left all my winter clothing behind in Canada, maybe in a few years I'll return to the slopes agaain Insha'allah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu alaikom,
    Enjoy the free time while you've got it. :) How is your mom coping with you being far away over Christmas? I have the weekend off. Woo! :) Take care!

    eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. no snow at all mev?? hehee.. well enough the warmth ;) insha'allah we should meet up and hit the slopes :D

    eyes: im enjoying it.. you too!! nice to hear from you, its been too long! As for my mum, I spoke to her before, she got through a whole 20min conversation then came the ending 'love you... miss you' and then the crackle of the voice came so I made it quick for her :) wonder how J coped with her after that lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam alaykom sis :) just stopping by to let you know thinking about u xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy not celebrating the pagan holiday sis!!!! Salaam alaykom.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed