23 January 2009

Good day all round

alhamdulillah
So today I was woke up just after 7 with a text from a friend who delivered her first baby at 5am this morning masha'allah. I pray that they are home soon, cause I wanna meet little Zakariya! Anyways, I obviously went back to sleep after that and woke up around 930 and got ready for my trip into Manchester. I walked the 15 minutes to the bus stop, took the 35 minute bus to the train station, then took the 45 minute train to Manchester. Yeh, it took awhile and it was stressful but oh well. Alhamdulillah I got to Manchester and walked down to the Muslim Youth Foundation mosque for jummah.. its the first congregational jummah Ive been to for awhile, and I have to say it was worth the wait. Yes the sisters were squashed into a smaller than usual space, yes there was a baby crying, but I saw about 3 converts there.. not just pale arabs, they were def converts masha'allah. The speeches (yes 2!) were brilliant about the important of salah and the battle of Uhud in relation to what is going on in Gaza (thats probably the first time that I could actually tell you what I heard in the khutbah *blush*) I even found that there is a sisters entrance masha'allah.. I wouldnt usually like this, but if you have ever been there you will know how uncomfortable it is to walk through the narrow halls with guys either side!

So I prayed Dhuhr and then walked to the agency where I was having the interview, in true me fashion the road I thought it was, wasnt the road.. so I turned up 5 minutes late, then she made me wait another 25 minutes while she did God only knows what. Then it took her another 10 minutes to make a cup of tea, a cup of tea people!!! So she asked me the usual bits about my educational background, the usual random tell me when you showed this quality. I was there for about an hour and after she gave me some useful feedback masha'allah, she mentioned she was putting me in for 2 positions and she was going to phone around some other contacts insha'allah something will come about from this.. so yeh, Im branching out.. no more 'only London' cause that plan looks like its out the window now.

After this I went to pray asr (late) and stayed until maghrib, I forgot how much I missed being surrounded by my brothers and sisters. I get too excited too early though, but I pray that something happens soon though, Im getting sick of it here.. Im very bored!! Im going to stay with my dad for a few days from Sunday, some of you know me well so you know how hard this was for me to ask, but I have to get away from this house!! Im going to head back here on the thursday for my job seekers interview then Im off to London on friday which Im really looking forward to insha'allah, I suppose I have to put up with the sister, but needs must :)

Thats enough from me, just turned tv onto a program called 'around the world in 80 faiths' today hes going to the middle east.. so far so good :)
Peace and salams, Ammena

3 comments:

  1. Salaams sis - inshAllah you'll get lucky on the job front. Or rather, the employers will get lucky finding you! It would be nice if you could stay up North. The programme about Faiths was interesting ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insha'Allah you get the right job for you soon and can also start looking for your own place so you feel settled and not up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inshallah all goes well with the job! I can imagine that you really want to have a place of your own..Inshallah happens soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed