24 January 2009

Ancient

yes today I feel ancient!! I realised Im 28 this year.... Im not that into numbers, they usually dont bother me. My 25th was probably the first time as I was now late 20s rather than early 20s. I feel I havent changed much in my life since I stopped growing, Ive basically stayed at the same height, same dress size, same weight, my skin has found more of a routine which I still shop for products that help me. But today as I browsed through my forum I came across a post on a sister who was asking if anyone found it more difficult to get pregnant after 35. Then another sister mentioned, while working in the maternity unit of a hospital she was told that mothers over 28 are deemed geriatric... Thats why Im feeling ancient!! Im nowhere near getting married, let alone trying for the baby I do want so badly. But Allah knows best, and with everything Im being tested with at the moment, maybe he knows that I couldnt possibly cope with that addition. Alhamdulillah.

13 comments:

  1. Lots of people have their first babies in their mid thirties now. It may be more difficult, but not impossible, insha'allah. But Allahu alim.
    I'm getting close to the 25 mark and wondering what happened to seventeen...my how the time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam alaykom... ok..well..ur only as old as you feel and that's the truth!!
    The MD old me that it will take over a year to get pregnant and as you know...it only took a month !!
    so I'm 39 today....and I'm 29 weeks pregnant..yeah..for sure being pregnant in twenty's is a whole lot easier on the body. But I feel much stronger as a parent now than I did then. I know where I am going..and have gotten to a place in my life where I can give a baby a strong secure life. One huge regret in my life is towards my wonderful kids who have been through so very much and not had that security. So I certainly feel better about this now.
    One thing I am sure you are blessed with sis..is hardships. Listen, you did not have to learn the hard way about making bad decisions and having to live with them.( I am sure there have been some, ur only human, but I mean specifically bringing a child into the world when you're in a bad situation and having to drag them through it with you) Things ..by the grace of God I am sure, have always seemed to fall in place for you even when things looked really bad..and ya..things are not always easy, but they could be worse..way worse. Al hamdulillah.
    Hang in there sis...cause I know Allah has something so very special in store for my sister in Islam :) Incha'allah
    I love you for the sake of Allah sis. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. They've said it all. Only to add that I love you as a lot of people out there do!!! Have patience and Allah will reward you. Only He knows what is best for you and when. Take care sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Ammena!
    Don't let that biological clock tick too loudly for you. You still have plenty of good years left! I had my son when I was 41 and he just turned 16 on Jan. 23! I also have a daughter WAY older than you. I think considering a 28 year old mother as a geriatric is really exaggerating! I hope you find your Prince Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, im sure ur birthday's after mine...and that makes me like a month older than you...and you know me - so that should make you feel happier now :-)

    Say Cheese....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalamu alaikom,
    Welcome to the "this is how the other side of the hill looks, then?" club. :P You're young yet. Insha'Allah things fall into place for you soon, the way you want them to. :)

    eyes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Ammena, enjoy these years! I wouldn't mind being 28 again :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anisah Said it ... Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam girls... lol :) I dunno where it started from but its not my birthday, Im not having a mid life crisis (that wasnt how the post was supposed to come across) Thanks for the well wishes though girls :) much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah 28 is not geriatric! Ugg... I can feel my bones creeking! Ha ha ... Inshallah you will have all that you hope for. It truly is the will of Allah when you will have a child and get married... we all have to keep faith and pray for patience and accept things - I know I am doing that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dont know if this blog is only for girls...Becoz I'm boy...a man actually...
    For ammena...My mother gave birth to my little brother when she was 42...Now my little bro is 17...

    How old are you doesnt really matter..But what matters is how long have you been under the shade of Islam??

    It is easy to say but very hard to implement...May ALLAh bless us all...

    ReplyDelete
  12. salam sis...

    aacckk happy belated birthdy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salaams Ammena and happy birthday. I had my youngest at 28 and am getting broody for one more - I'm 30 this year. Don't give it a second thought. The life that is due to come into this world will come regardless of your age.

    My mantra for the coming year is "think yourself young". Keep positive, keep upbeat, have fun, avoid cynicism and smile. People will keep going - "28? I thought you were about 21"

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed