7 January 2009

Vegetarian foods

So the other day I was in Asda and I thought about blogging about something I ran into... if you know me enough you will know Im a vegetarian :) yes and a muslim and no it isnt haram before anyone goes into a big lecture. Anyways about a week before I picked up some chocolate mousse from the refridgerated section only to realise after eating a few that it wasnt vegetarian :( I hate it when that happens... so I had bought this mousse for just over a pound and it was on offer, when I returned to Asda I decided to check if there where any others I could have (I love choc mousse) so guess what I found... the only mousse that was suitable for vegetarians was the cheapest one at about 50p Can u imagine?? I always thought that non vegetarian things were cheaper because the gelatin used (if used) was cheaper than the vegetarian version.. this is just unbelievable!! I have to check the labels with everything, not just for the meat things now but with the alcohol.. I picked up a box of Linda McCartney pies the other day, they had 4% red wine in... erm, why??? I dont understand!! Oh well :) I have non red winey pies and meat free choc mousse now heehee

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed