13 March 2009

DeoxyriboNucleic Acid

So yesterday I was having a conversation with my auntie about what funny things are passed on through generations. She commented that it showed how some of the strangest things are passed with our DNA. Take me for example (because that was obviously who we were talking about) I never grew up with my dad, I went to his house once a week for about 8 hours (read - not necessarily saw him for 8 hours) I very rarely stayed a night, he left before I was 2 and I stopped seeing him regularly when I started working at 16. However my mum is always telling me to stop pulling certain faces because I look like my dad, since I have been back this time Ive realised I have many eating habits, things I dont like for particular reasons that Im constantly finding out my dad doesnt like for the same reason. There was no way of me knowing these things, so how else would I have them? coincidence? or chemistry? I like to believe the latter.. and of course, Allah :)

4 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikom,
    I think I'll stick to saying "DNA". ;)

    Sometimes I marvel at how much I am like my parents, or how much relatives look, talk, or act alike. Of course it makes perfect sense but I guess it's just one of those little things in life that I think is neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subhanallah. Do you also find that the more you get to know your dad the more you understand yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam alaykom
    I would rather not think about it at all lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is interesting to see what traits we get from our parents...and I've noticed that as I get older I am finding more traits! (Not always a good thing...lol)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed