20 May 2009

As time goes by....


Ive been pushed into writing a blog, now that eyeS has written I suppose I should keep my some what promise... so here it is. Ive been away for awhile now, you all knew where I was going but I think Ive stayed away for longer than I mentioned.. my excuse? erm.... Im me :D hehe. Where do I start... I suppose it begins with me going down to London last sunday evening... I got there about 7ish I think and meet up with the sister I would be staying with for a few days masha'allah.. we chatted, went to pray asr and maghrib at the hyde park masjid then made our way home stopping for spaghetti house on the way back (which was much taster than the last time I tried it) The rest of the night was quiet but nice.. we chatted the most that we have probably ever and got to know a little more about the other which was good.
Monday morning I was up to be in Kingston for the 12pm appointment, oh and of course I opened my birthday cards on the floor of the bedroom :) 28 huh... cant say I am where I thought I would be but Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) has a plan for everyone, I guess I just have to wait a little longer and remain patient insha'allah. I was on my way to the tube station when I realised I had forgotten my phone, which I desperately needed to keep in touch with people today. I just prayed somebody was in.. alhamdulillah they opened the door for me then I was on my way to Kingston.. I got there a little early so I popped into HR to give her my passport to copy and sort out some details then I made my way over for my health check with the hospital (read TB injection) it wasnt pleasant and I was told to come back wednesday. I got the train into Kingston (1 stop away from the hospital) and wandered around for a little.. I passed letting agents and picked up a few brochures, but all the places in Kingston were looking for at least 700 pound for a studio!! then with bills on top I just couldnt afford that. I saw though that all the places were in Kingston, so I thought maybe near the hospital I would see cheaper places and decided today wasnt the day to look for them. I wandered around the shops for a few hours.. not special, didnt buy anything, but I was in some severe pain in my hip bone... I couldnt walk properly so I had to sit down for a while. I had a little sleep in the park under the suns rays, which was nice masha'allah... and then I went to meet my friend Sarah.
We eventually met up and decided to go to Frangos (read fake Nandos) it was nice.. they do halal chicken if anyone is ever over there (theres 2 restaurants in the UK lol) we chatted.. we laughed... we took photos and above all we had fun alhamdulillah, and that is really what I needed. Then afterwards we had a little walk looking for an ice cream place and eventually ended up back in the same complex where theres also a cinema and a B&J stall.. It was nice, company made it special masha'allah (lets see if she reads this!)
I got back late and went straight to meet up with my mate Nashwa from Canada.. she bought me the flowers masha'allah.. said they reminded her of me (and Ive just remembered they arent on the table downstairs anymore and I wanted to press one of em) we went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen for tea (read evening meal... yeh Im a weird scouser!) I think I got home after 11.. very late night, but such an enjoyable day masha'allah...
So its 1130 now... I havent even nearly finished telling you about my week but I think I should try to get an early night (although finishing Twilight - yes, again - might delay that though)
Ill be back tomorrow insha'allah, enjoy the photos (1 Kingston masjid 2. weird art piece in Kingston 3. my flowers) Peace and salams....

4 comments:

  1. Masha'Allah welcome back Ammena!

    Whoa 700 pounds! OUCH!

    May Allah make things easy for you!

    What interesting sounding restraunts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eyes too lazy to log inMay 21, 2009 3:47 pm

    Assalamu alaikom,
    Ha ha, I'm glad to see an update!!! :) Glad you've had some nice times. Man, 28... SO OLD! Yeesh. I'm surprised you're able to get around and do so much at your advanced age. ;) I think for many of us, we don't end up where we expect to be by a certain age. Life always takes us on little twists and turns, and that's okay, too, because it's the journey and not the destination (to be cheesy, sorry.) Things will fall into place eventually, on their own schedule, even though I know the waiting is difficult.

    You'll have to blog about your new job when you start it. I'm so curious what it will be like, day to day.

    How is your mother?

    Why would HR need your passport?

    So did you end up reading instead of sleeping? Those books kept me up, too. A third of me was genuinely interested, a third of me was reading for the camp value, and a third was just remembering my own self and world at that age. It was an interesting trip, overall, reading those books. My eldest thinks Edward is so dreamy. heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam alaykom :)
    I can see why the flowers reminded her of you. :) bright colours !! mashaallah they are beautiful.
    Hip ehn...better get that checked.
    whethre u see it or not , u live a beautiful life...and are very blessed. :) love you. thnk about me next time u sleep under the sun... one of my fav things to do.( country girl in me )

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed