ME: So now I have another 12 days to do something with before the end of March
MOTHER: You should have stayed for 3 weeks
ME: Well, Im actually thinking to go visit Zhor... you know Zhor, my friend from uni... in Morocco
MOTHER: Whats she doing there? I thought she lived in Bradford
ME: No, she took her degree in Bradford. You must be thinking of someone else
MOTHER: The red head you took me to see
ME: Ooooh.. Zee.... no not Zee, Zhor
MOTHER: Then I dont know her I was over here then
ME: Ok, but you know of her. Ive been promising this for awhile
MOTHER: Is this the one that got you into all the silly fads?
ME: (through gritted teeth) This is my friend from uni -not answering STUPID accusation
MOTHER: But is this the girl who got you into being a vegetarian and stuff
ME: NO, I became a veggie when I was living down south (a year before I met Zhor)
MOTHER: Oh... well I look forward to seeing you over here (sounding excited because realising my tone- I hope- and seeing I didnt like her question)
I swear... my mother... ooooooooohhhhhhhhh
haha that's great! almost as funny as my own
ReplyDeletehaha, gotta love moms. :) geez, it's been so long since i've seen yours... i think since like 2004!
ReplyDeleteso...we all are going through "fads" too lol
ReplyDeletelisten.. whatever rocks her boat ehn?
u handled it very well masha'allah ;)