So this is my blog, this is my life, this is my world, these are my experiences. Feel free to roam, question and learn with me, comment as we go and leave your prejudices at the door please.
8 June 2009
Skin
So I had pretty bad skin through my teen years... well it all started when I was about 12ish and stayed with my solidly until 17/18 I still have problems and of course the open pores from my younger days... it used to depress me, Im not the prettiest of people and I was always surrounded by friends with perfect skin (who still used to cover up with slabs of makeup) Ive never worn makeup and never had an interest in it really.. Vasline is the way to go :D and shineless moisturiser lol.. anyways, my skin is sensitive but with my meditterean roots its pretty oily, which wouldnt be too bad if I was in a hot country and the sun dried it up (which it does on holidays) but not in UK. With it being sensitive it isnt just products, its also to the water I use.. so when I move to new places it takes awhile for my skin to settle down. So moving away after 7 months I wasnt looking forward to how I was going to react, with me you also have to realise that I start following skin routines, then I just get bored or tired or skip a few days and then blow the whole thing off. Since moving down I started another routine, not really new because Ive been using the products for awhile just not all together or as reguarly. In the morning I make wudu then use a tea tree + witch hazel foam wash from Boots and then spray a lil factor 30 kids malibu sun tan lotion on.. I do get dry in the day now, so Ive been using E45 moisturer which is such a saviour. I find sometimes that I can just feel it sinking into my skin its AMAZING! Then in the evening, I use the same foam wash, Clarity cleanser (Superdrug) then I have a few things I can use but generally its been a witch hazel gel (from Boots) which I let soak in.. I think this is whats drying me out alhamdulilah.. then I either use a tea tree + witch hazel night gel or baby lotion depending on how dry and tight my skin is feeling. And I must say Im about as impressed to actually start making this a regular thing insha'allah :) yay.. finally something :P
Themes
my life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like me and you are on the same boat. My skin is so sensitive too,and even i have mediterranean roots,so london weather and water has been really bad for my face for some reason. The water here feels oily, and I have to really rub my hands to wash the soap off, it's funny and sometimes annoying. I find that nivea does a good job for moisturizing my skin, and i use dove to wash my face, although here it has not been working well for me. Do you have any suggestions?
ReplyDelete