4 June 2009

Lonely

Yeh this is how Im feeling at the moment.. as much as my life has moved forward now since moving down here and starting a new job, I still remember that Im experiencing this alone and that situation wont change anytime soon. Of course, I understand that Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) has his plan for me and I do have sabr... but knowing that the thing with bro A isnt going to happen anymore sort of makes me feel vulnerable. I dont know anyone down here, so cant say 'look out for someone for me' I wouldnt even know where to begin if I did know someone. This was definately something I wasnt looking forward to! How can I? How do converts in strange cities find husbands without being pawned off on any available 'brother' in need of a passport or a bit on the side.. not a situation I would wish on anyone Ill tell you that! I feel like Im back in Canada, back on my own away from my mum... the difference? I had a good friendship base there.. but saying that, it did take nearly 2 yrs to build up in Cambridge plus another 1 year when I was in mississauga, so I need to start looking on the brighter side of things.. which are what exact? Man.. this is too deep for me right now, I need to eat and shower. Remember me in your duaa girls.

12 comments:

  1. Oh darling, inshaAllah it'll get better for you soon. Have sabr, and put your trust in Allah swt. He will surely lead you toward the right path and a wonderful life partner in time.

    Be well, and do take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, Inshallah things will work out for u, i know its hard being alone and not having someone to share your day-to-day stuff with, Inshallah u'll make good friends soon, u're always in my duas. May Allah (swt) make it easy fr u and grant u success and happiness at all times. Ameen.

    PS: I cracked up at ur comment of my black and white image in my pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu Aleikum,

    Lonliness stinks.... :( You are in my du'as and may Allah SWT's noor shine in your heart and take away the lonliness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamu alaikom,
    I'm sorry to hear this. Insha'Allah, things pick up quickly for you. You know, with a bit of time, you ended up with an amazing circle of friends in Canada. Insha'Allah, I have faith it will be a similar situation again. You're friendly, smart, witty, with a wide range of interests. You make friends easily, even if you suspect you do not. (I'm remembering a blog post from a while back.) So... give it time.

    I HEAR you 100% about the marriage stuff. Insha'Allah, again, this is something that happens for you, and you find the right one, and have a whole soccer (oops, I mean football) team of kids. One day. :)

    Take care, sister. No matter how lonely you feel, remember you've got friends who love you on two continents (and probably more, I bet!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you are feeling this way sis :( maybe its all hitting home now delayed shock if you like. Allah Al Must'aan, i know it wont be easy but plz put your trust in Allah and say firm, you will get through this concentrate on the here and now. never stop making dua asking Allah for a good dh to be. When its written it will happen no sooner no latter. Iunderstand your concerns though remember you are never alone Alla is your ever lasting friend hugsxxxxxxxx I here in anyway i can assist inshaAllah..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalaamu Alaykum,

    Oh Ammena, I've missed something here. I thought things were on hold but I didn't know things were not going ahead. May Allah make it easy for you. Ammena, I was born and brought up in London, have lots of family and friends in London ... I'll email you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheer up sweety, im sure things can only get better in time...this new life for you will take some time im sure like any situation...like you said you have to have sabr:)

    Sorry bout not replying to your text i was really tired yesterday and fell asleep so i didnt check my phone only saw it this morning...anyways Inshallah we can do something soon ive got my hands full at the moment:/ but i promise we'll do something together Inshallah love you xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. As salam alaykum

    Dear sister, That Allah give you sabr ans reward you for this situation, nothing is for nothing ! all is writing and waiting...

    Du'as

    ReplyDelete
  9. Assalaamu alaikum sis,

    I didn't realise. :( I also missed a big something here. Really sorry to hear about this and that you are feeling low but have trust in Allah swt and what will happen will happen. Allah make things easy for you, ameen. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inshallah, you will find someone worthy of you. Better to find out now that he is not to be the "one" than 20 years down the road...I truly believe that your patience will pay off sweetie and I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salaamz - I see I appear to have put my foot in it on Sunday when I called - I'm sorry - didn't know either - hadn't read your blog while I was up north for 4 days too...

    I know what you mean with not knowing anyone etc etc. It is difficult.

    InshaAllah I'll come visit you at the end of the month sis - then we can go discover places together and I'll introduce you to some lovely sisters I know down there. Plus my dear 1Eid event is being planned with pre-Eid dinner with great speakers etc. I can get you in touch with the sister in charge so you can volunteer (just like you ended up doing last Eid hehe)...

    There is lots too do sis your in the hub of activity - you just need to know where to look. And with regards to Marriage sis - it is a sign of the times. The proportion of sisters to brothers is phenomenal today I think. But do not despair - the one you are destined to be with will hunt you down. I'll ask my friend to keep a look out for you....she lives down there n her hubby knows lots of brothers mashaAllah.

    Final thought...

    "Whether you are fast or slow, eventually you will find what you are seeking. Always devote yourself whole heartedly to your search. Even though you may limp or be bent double, do not abandon your search, but drag yourself towards it."

    You got there with the job and you will with every other thing inshaAllah - some things just take longer than others.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed