30 October 2009

my links

I dont know how many of you mosey on down to my links on either side of my blog but down there on the right I have a random blog list and the blog Im referring to now is here.
The topic of which is a change in the student rules that allows graduates of Cambridge to wear the burkha. Now I dont want to discuss whether or not it should be allowed.. I want to discuss that I think people should have a dictionary when using foreign words cause it confuses the heck out of me!! In this blog entry the quotations used are burkha and veil.. what exactly are they refering to? and I have read the initial article and its just as confusing!! They actually say at the end that noone has requested to wear it lol :D so why change the rules until someone asks? when people are actually asking to be allowed to wear a kilt yet that issue is still under scrutiny lol. what is wrong with these people? I worry constantly about the government's need to change things before they will be labelled racist or prejudiced.. why are you worried?? some political correctness bugs me to the max!!

2 comments:

  1. your homie, ms eyes in MI ;)November 01, 2009 6:54 pm

    Assalamu alaikom,
    The terminology always gets me, too. I guess it's indicative of just how prominent the "face veil issue" has become that groups and organizations just cannot stop talking about it, even if there's no context (no students inquiring about it).

    Hey, six days left?! Yikes, man. So, how panicked are you at this point? hehehe How excited? Oh my god, I'm so happy for you, SO HAPPY!!!

    *huge hugs!*

    Btw, I see my new name on your blog list. LOL Cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AsSalaam Alaikum

    Me too. It really annoys me when the media constantly refer to the "burka" - when that is an item that is predominantly only worn in Afghanistan as far as I know. You would think they would bother to find out the correct terminology - especially when they are trying to prove how much more "civilised" and "intelligent" they are than us poor, ignorant, downtrodden, muslim women.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed