Yesterday I picked up a brochure at the SnS event (details to follow later) and there was an advert in there for the emel subscription which I have been debating about for a few months now. There is usually a free gift that goes with the subscription and the book they normally mention is supposed to be a good book. However, in the magazine it says a different book which is actually a copy of the most amazing Quran I have ever owned!! I have it in Canada and have been trying to figure out how Im going to get it back here, anyways thats another story. So this Quran has the english, arabic, transliteration, footnotes and notes on every chapter aswell as background information and is beautifully presented.
The dilemma is that it is for students and obviously Im not a student :( they ask for the university and course you are attending... soooo what to do??
Ok, I'm not sure if I quite got the gist of what you're trying to say here but if getting the Qur'an means you'd have tell a lie then don't do it. It is SO not worth it, you'd feel horrible every time you looked at it! :o(
ReplyDeleteInstead make du'a and ask Allah for halal means to get the version you like so much. Never underestimate the power of du'a! :o)
Oh and...Assalamu alaikum *blushes* Forgot to give salams, how embarassing. :o(
ReplyDeleteSalaams sis,
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't do it...the end never justifies the means...
Very excited for you with all the plans ...mashallah
Just curious, which Quran are you talking about. I have one kinda like it, but I am always interested in hearing about Qurans :-)
ReplyDeleteits this Quran...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1904510353/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=471057153&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1904510000&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=13RFAS0YCMC3TYPDY7KE
This is the Quran I was given the day of my shahada, you are correct it is an great Quran, alhamdulilah :-)
ReplyDeleteCAIR was giving them out here, perhaps an organization, other than one with a requirement for you to be a student, somewhere is giving them out there?
Salam alaykom.. geez , u had me worried there !!
ReplyDeleteok solution : Ahsin should register.
write to them explaining the situation and they may just may let you have it with the subscription as i had something similar with Al Jummah mag and they allowed at least ask!
ReplyDeleteSign up for something - duh. Easy.
ReplyDeleteOkay so Rainbow's solution is more sensible. And erm yeah - are you MARRYING a student? Silly billy. Hope the meal was good - sorry I couldn't make it. :0( See you soon inshallah. :0) xxx
ReplyDelete