21 December 2009

Rocky Mountain cookies


I liked them, hubbyA likes the coconut biscuits the best so far. I think I will be making a few batchs of these to take with me, I had one problem with them being very soft but I think its due to the fact that I couldnt cool them properly as I dont have a cooling rack. Im borrowing one from a girl in work so insha'Allah the next set will turn out ok :D What dya think? I thought they were yummy!!!
I made flapjacks today, they were a disaster, there wasnt enough sticky mixture to cover the mass of oats the recipe called for. So when they came out the oven the top was browned nicely from underneath when I let them cool was dry and crumbly. HubbyA likes them after never tasting them before, but I know what they are supposed to taste like, and this isnt it!!!
So Im going to make the meringues in the morning before I go for work (just noticed Im supposed to leave them for 1.5 hours in the oven!!! then maybe Ill make the coconut biscuits when I get home from work, as I know how long they take and what I have to do. Then thats less to do wednesday night in the world of baking, maybe Ill try a different recipe of flapjacks that calls for less sugar and less oats... does anyone have a flapjack recipe thats tried and tested?

8 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikom,
    Oh my God, you're making me hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you sure you are not overdoing it sis? how big is the army you are feeding...I can almost taste the cookies mashallah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat did u use for a cooling rack? I don't have one either.
    What r flapjacks? Are they like pancakes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're doing better than me on the baking front...I've been saying for weeks...we really need to have something more interesting than the obligatory baguette for afternoon coffee time... Why don't you use your grill rack to cool the cookies on..thats what I use....
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. AsSalaam Alaikum

    They look lovely, mashallah.

    My recipe for flapjacks is here - been using it for 30 years since I learnt it at school, so it's definitely tried and tested. I usually double up as this doesn't make enough for my lot!

    http://www.mycookingblog.com/post/1-ummjamilah/18174/Flapjacks

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to see your culinary delights....leave the cookies in the oven longer if you want them harder also once they cool they harden.

    Your doing well love! I like coconut cookies its such a desi thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,194,152177-226203,00.html
    Here one its called Adirondack Flapjacks- I thoguht they were pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salaam, Wow housewifey or what?! I am impressed, masha'Allah! They look reallygood, well done! Umm Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed