So I decided I might take up a few treats to my family in Liverpool when we drive up next week, and instead of making them the night before I thought to test them out before hand. Theres a few recipes of things I wanted to make so off we went to Tooting today and bought a whole load of things including bakes things like a whisk, baking tins and what not. When we got back after Asr I started on these coconut cakes (photo care of hubbyA) they were a little hard to get from mixture in the bowl to somewhat round specimens on the baking trays but alhamdulillah they turned out pretty good. I would have liked them sweeter but hubbyA reckons they are just to his taste so maybe we have a balance. Im just glad I got one recipe tried out, so look out for future tries this week too which include flapjacks (although he doesnt want them) rocky road cookies, mini muffins and peppermint meringues.
Tonight we are thinking to settle in with a pizza and try to find a good dvd, although I am currently being 'watched' to get off his laptop so he can play some game *rolls eyes*
Adios chicas
Peace and salams
Ammena
congratulations on your adventures in the kitchen...yummy photo and cookies are really hard to photograph...(speeking from experience)
ReplyDeleteLooks delish!
ReplyDeletelook at you all grown up mashallah...can't wait to see the next batch inshallah
ReplyDeleteAsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteThey look yummy, specially for a first try. If your husband doesn't want the flapjacks you can always send them over to me LOL
They look yummy! Rocky road cookies sound really good! Can't wait to see more of your baking!
ReplyDelete