16 December 2009

Bricks in paradise

Salam, so now Im looking for fatwas and such...

I came across a hadith awhile ago about the praying of the 12 daily sunnah rakats (2 before fajr, 4 before and 2 after dhuhr, 2 after maghrib and 2 after isha) and about how good it was to pray them. I heard somewhere about how with each sunnah prayer you would be building your house in paradise, I dont know why but I had it in my head that each salah would add to my house insha'Allah until I came across these ahadith
The Prophet (saws) said: "Allâh will build a house in Paradise for whoever is diligent in observing twelve Sunnah raka’at (as follows): 4 raka’at before and 2 after the Dhuhr (Midday) Prayer, 2 after the Maghrib (Sunset Prayer), 2 after the ‘Ishaa’ (Evening) Prayer and 2 before the Fajr (Dawn) Prayer." [Sunan Tirmidhi, 379 and others; classed Saheeh in al Jâmi’, 6183]
 ‘Anbasah ibn Abi Sufyan (ra) quoted Umm Habibah (ra) as saying "Allâh’s Messenger (saws) said: "A house will be built in Paradise for one who prays twelve raka’at in a day and evening as follows: 4 raka’at before and 2 after the Dhuhr Prayer, 2 after the Maghrib Prayer, 2 after the ‘Ishaa’ Prayer and 2 before the Fajr Prayer." [Sunan Tirmidhi, 380; he classed it as Hasan and Saheeh (See Saheeh al Jâmi’, 6362)]
In another similar narration, the Prophet (saws) said: "Whoever consistently prays twelve raka'at throughout the day and night, a palace will be built for him in Paradise." [Saheeh Sunan Abi Da’wud, no. 1250] 
  My question to you all out there is this... I started doing these extra salah during Ramadhan and masha'Allah was able to keep them up until the clocks changed and dhuhr is now so early. I dont pray the 4 before dhuhr but still try to keep up with the rest, however am I not gaining the full reward and building my house because I am not completing all 12?? Should I still carry on with what Im doing rather than take the 'well Im not getting the reward so whats the point in doing them all' approach. Currently I have been able to do more than what I was doing before Ramadhan, so I do the 2 after isha always now which has become a regular thing in our house since hubby asked me how many I do after isha masha'Allah. Its just the 4 before as I try to do the 2 after dhuhr but because the prayer room is quite far from my area I tend to not have much time to eat in my lunch break (30 mins) any suggestions? links? knowledge?
JazakAllah khair
Peace and salams,
Ammena

6 comments:

  1. As Salaamu Alaikum,

    Even praying just a few of the Sunnahs is a great act of worship. It will probably place you at the top 5% (or maybe 1%) of today's Muslims.

    The fact that you'd like to do the prayer (but do not have the opportunity) is enough.

    Fir'awn's wife, who I think didn't have any good chances in her daily life to perform religious duties, asked Allah to build a house for her in Paradise (Quran, 66:11), and her prayer is mentioned in the Quran.

    I don't think it would be mentioned if Allah wasn't planning to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalaamu Alaykum Ammena,

    Reward is always based on intention so if you keep aiming to do these 12 rawatib sunnah prayers, you can't go wrong! If you can't make them all you will still be rewarded for what you do in sha Allah. On the day of judgement we will be hoping for every little bit of reward we can get. Ammena, I found this post inspiring and encouraging sis!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis even by keeping the Sunnah rakats inshallah you will be rewarded. Dont get caught up in how many you do... Allah knows what's in your heart and you make the sunnah rakats for Allah (SWT) and Inshallah The Most Gracious will accept them.

    Just today I was pondering over making my sunnah rakats or not.. I didn't I just made the farded but I felt that my prayer session wasn't complete.. Allahu Allim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you are rewarded for anything you do. I can't imagine doing 10 sunnah rakats being useless and worthless to Allah. You are doing very well and insha'Allah will be rewarded for any bit of effort you make, even if it was only 2 extra rakat in a year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allah rewards us for everything we do...and like the sister said on the day of judgement we will be hoping for more....Mashallah keep up the hard work, Allah's reward is with you inshallah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't let shaytan fool you into being complacent and not striving. I would suggest that you intend to do all twelve daily, and try your best to be consistent with whatever Allah blesses you with the capacity to complete. May Allah make it easy for us all insha'Allah

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed