hubby woke up feeling a little better after a day of feeling unwell since waking up for work yesterday morning. We had sort of planned earlier in the week to go to Kingston today but I told him yesterday only if he felt better, I dont think he felt that much better especially as he has been asleep for the past hour now and I feel guilty about going out with him today. There wasnt anything I wanted specifically but I like being outdoors with him, being outdoors reminds me of the fun stuff we used to do while getting to know each other before we were married. Being indoors with him now reminds me of the situations we kept away from before we were married and I still sometimes get this 'we arent supposed to be here like this' even though its been a month already.. yup a month!! time flies eh! However, I dont feel like its been a month because we dont spend that much full alone time together. He works on Saturdays and sometimes I work saturdays or sundays so we very rarely get a whole weekend off to enjoy each other, which sucks really.
Anyways, we went into Kingston... I bought some marzipan fruits for me Dad (and got me one too) cause we both love them and I dont get him many presents. So I thought with going up in a few weekends it would be nice to have, we also bought some fudge for us (A's new found food) We got some food shopping in, plenty of fish cause I feel guilty about him eating only veggie foods or some sort of curry (saying that Im cooking spaghetti bolognaise soon for when he wakes up) We got some bits for the house (Ive taken to writing lists now, how very grown up of me) we got to pray Asr at the mosque in Kingston which we havent done since we got married and I subsequently moved away from the area. Also bought him some Beechams cold & flu which he gulped down not long before going to bed.
Im thinking about going back into Kingston on my day off on Tuesday because I just found out that the WHSmith in the Bentells centre stocks Emel... so insha'Allah they might have one in there for me to stock up on before I start my subscription in the new year. Ive made a little wish list on Amazon too after feeling bored with my book collection, or maybe its because I have no where to house said book collection so its currently in a big plastic box with my dvd collection. Although I started a quick read of Animal Crackers the other day that I picked up a few months ago for 99p, and while searching for the link I've just found out its 12 short stories.. which makes tons more sense now lol
I was told today by hubby A that hes looking forward to the trip up north, which makes me happy.. his comment was 'yeh, you can drive and Ill take movies' Im sure we will be taking plenty of food up too! We are leaving straight after I finish work at 4pm christmas eve for a, what should be, 4 hour journey which I have no doubt will turn into something more. Insha'Allah it doesnt take us too long, and Im sure this will be much more fun than the lone journeys Ive taken in the past and it made me realise that I havent driven this far before with someone else in the car... my 5 hours to eyeS was alone aswell as the 8 hours to Anisah so Ill definately be glad of the company as especially as its him :D alhamdulillah
So Im off now.. to start cooking, to wake him up, to chomp on a choccie digestive or a marzipan fruit.. just not sure of the order.
Take care, peace and salams
Ammena
well sis, you want to hear it?!!! if you two survive the car journey...you will make it till the end,inshallah lol
ReplyDeletenowhere to run, stuck with you in the car...he loves you lol
take care , wasalam
Hey sis, hope your well and A is feeling a bit better...stay warm and safe seems like everyone is catching something...Wow a month already time really does fly before ya know it, it will be a year Inshallah:)and you'll be having babies and being a wonderful mummy...I hope the trip up north goes smoothly as possible im sure you'll have a great time and a few jokes on the way, keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteMasha'allah Ammena. Companionship is priceless. I have said it too many times - I don't NEED a husband - I can take care of myself, by myself. But I WANT my husband - because he is my companion and best friend.
ReplyDeleteIt's really a treasure!
Salam alaykom.. I true test of a marriage.. A car trip lol and one to see family to boot !!
ReplyDeleteI will be looking forward to some driving pics sis !
Hope the marital unit is feeling better Incha'Allah..sucks to be sick.
Mabrouk on the one month!! May Allah bless you with many many more incha'Allah...
Assalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteI hope the trip goes well and hubby is feeling better by now... I actually prefer making a long drive alone (if I know where I'm going only) because I can blast the music and just be in my own world for a while (and I get to decide when to pull over for a break!!!) I say this because when I make a long trip, it's usually just me and eldest daughter... Wish husband accompanied me but he doesn't...
When you're madly in love, you don't even want to breathe without the other person next to you. :D So enjoy it!!! :D
Have you ever tried to make fake meat meals, like the veggie "ground beef" in tacos, etc?
I love marzipan fruit! best stuff ever!
ReplyDeleteI love marzipan fruit too! Sorry to hear your hubby is a bit ill. I hope that he gets well soon!
ReplyDeleteAsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the trip - specially on Christmas eve, inshallah it doesn't take too long. Hope the family meeting goes well too.