... haha, you all thought you would get rid of me once I got married, hate to disappoint you girls. As I was totally sick the beginning of the week and still feeling a bit bleh hubby is cooking tonight masha'allah. Cauliflower and potato curry for his resident vegetarian :D he must love me right? to put up with my family issues and my eating habits ;)
So I wanted to answer a few questions imuslimah left on my previous blogs comments so here goes... I think if you read back more I must have said how me and A met.. although thinking about it now, maybe I didnt. Well, it all started back in July when I joined www.singlemuslims.com I started talking to him about a week after joining and we officially met in Whitechapel, London on July 18th alhamdulillah. Then Ill just say that things moved from then, we agreed to get married just before Ramadhan literally, I think it started on the friday and we agreed the sunday before. The plan was originally to get married just after Eid as his brother would be over from Germany and he wanted him there... that sort of freaked me out, things seemed too quick. Allahu alim.. his brother decided to come over the week before Eid and not after so we changed the date to the weekend when he would be over after that which was November 7th.
How I came to be here? Well Im British, as many people will gladly tell you, esp my homies over in Canada (and adopted Americans ;) heehee) I moved over to Canada after graduating a few years ago to try it out. My mum was over there with her husband but in the end I came back end of last year but of course my mum stayed over there as she has her life over there now.. I just wish she would realise I have my life here too now. So no big story to tell really... pretty boring from my eyes.. I move around alot, thats what I do, thats what Ive generally always done... now apparently I have to start settling down in one place, hmmm *rolls eyes* although A keeps me grounded and especially living here now, Im definately less likely to just get up and move around now without some sort of conversation ;)
Stranger.... a company called Coster aerosols, it was a good company, good pay, but no chemistry involved and 3 modes of transport for every trip. So Im thinking the extra pay would have been gone in no time and I wouldnt really have a life, leaving for work around 6am and getting home around 630pm depending on traffic. Best left alone I felt really, I had wanted to cancel but couldnt get hold of the stupid agency for 2 full days grr. So mum knows about the new addition now? lol... how did it go? any news with you coming back here? or do I remember you saying thats all sorted and youre staying over there for another few years? typing that now, I remember you saying it lol
Ok so a marriage moment lol :D we went shopping today, its my first full weekend off since we got married and he wasnt working either. So we made a list of things we needed and off we set to the market down the road. Bought tons of fruit and veg, he got some chicken and we both headed home very pleased with ourselves (well I did) considering that it would have cost twice as much if not more in the supermarket. I love market food shopping :D We have just been out to buy a hair trimmer for him too, I would like it to look like he hasnt just stepped out the wind when he meets the other side of my family in a few weeks :) Oh yes, did I tell you? we are going up to Liverpool... staying at my dads (after a painful and red 'do you share a bedroom now?' conversation) for a few days, going to show him Liverpool, a few childhood memories, Im really looking forward to it and judging by his face when I mentioned it all he is too alhamdulillah.
Anyways, its probably time to get off his laptop before he tells me to watch any specific buttons once more heehee.. take care girls. Peace and salams,
Ammena
Sounds like things are going well for you. So glad!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Anisah
Assalaamu Alaykum Ammena,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post! So nice to hear all about you and how you're doing ma sha Allah. Take care sis!
xxx
Thanks for sharing :) My husband and I met and decided to get hitched pretty quickly. It was desitny. My family met him after the fact.
ReplyDeleteI have come to the conclusion that you are a chemist? A lab technologist?
What camera do you shoot with? I see you have a photo blog, Im headed there next ;)
Good to know you!
assalamu alaykum Ammena!
ReplyDeleteNice to read you are having an happy "veggie" married life masha'Allah! LOL! May Allah unite you in the akhirah too insha'Allah!
hugs!
imuslimah.. I need your email, its a private blog Im afraid as it has pictures of me on it :D Im a chemist yes (chemistry and forensic science is my degree) at the moment Im not using it :( I currently have a Canon camera old school with film, I would like to get a decent SLR in the next year or so insha'Allah and my digital camera at the moment is my much loved sony cybershot :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments girls
nice to read you again so soon...enjoy the rest of the weekend...besos
ReplyDeleteAssalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I forgot about your other blog. I don't know why I can't access it. :(
Anyway... I'm reading all this and thinking, "aww". I'm glad you're happy. :)
I got to thinking tonight and realized if you are still going to Canada, it's happening soon, isn't it? Can you tell me the details as they stand now? I want to make sure I get the chance to get up there to see you!!!