I decided today while working that I need to do a little more for my deen. I'm still praying all my sunnah prayers alhamdulillah even after my questions about the dhuhr sunnnah and how it was too much. Alhamdulillah Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) has made it easy for me to keep these going, even at work. So I've decided to set myself little goals giving me a month for each and when I take on little things or it gets too easy I will shorten the time frame or give myself more than one task.
Just before I went on holiday I bought a small laminated poster if the duaa to say upon leaving and entering the house. HubbyA put it on the living room door and now I know off by heart the duaa for leaving even though it's only been up a few weeks. I think the realisation of learning this by heart has given me a boost and pushed me to want to do more.
I've been looking at my next surah to learn for awhile now, not having the push. Insha'Allah I will have it now. Surah al-Hamazah here I come.
Anyone want to suggest something very useful to learn? Want to learn with me? Comments welcome
Nearly home now. Peace and salams
Ammena xxx
Via BlogPress on her pretty cute iPhone
Salaams Ammena,
ReplyDeleteIt has been along time since talking. Mubarak on your marriage. What Surah are you trying to memorize? InshAllah I would love to learn with you.
Assalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteYa, blog what you're learning so any of your readers who don't yet know can learn alongside you. :) I'm glad to hear you're doing these things. It's a good idea! :)
aslamu alakum
ReplyDeletewe all get out of shape time to time , the beauty of Islam is cradle to the grave learning ..you go girl inshaallah you will learn the surah with ease....i have done that one was hard though alhamduilah!
Rainbow!
wow I am jealous of you! May Allah help us all do our best in striving in the way of Allah!
ReplyDeleteMichele/Ama Im not too sure who you are ;) Im trying to memorise surah al-humazah insha'Allah.. so far, not doing too well :( havent even got it written down.. things have been up and down here this week.
ReplyDeleteRainbow.. any suggestions??