17 July 2010

The bad news

So I wanted to fill you with goodies before sharing this part of my life with you all. When we went up north a few months ago it was to tell the family we were getting married, we went around mostly friends and some family who I hadnt told on the phone. One person in particular was my Great Aunt Madge, her husband was married to my dads uncle and I remember loving going to their house as a kid. As usual a family rift happened and I didnt see them for many years, until I started driving and I would occassionally pop in to see them. Then my uncle Bob passed away a few years ago, I couldnt make his funeral as I was in Canada at the time with no holidays. I talked to Madge a few times on the phone and when I moved back here as I was living around the corner I would regularly pop in to see her.
She was taken into hospital the beginning of last week after a heart attack and unfortunately she passed away on Thursday. Something hubby said the other day really hit me, he said 'she was so excited for our wedding' which made me realise why the tears fall. They dont fall because Im sad, they fall because Im sad for my unborn children, the ones who will never know these people who have touched my life. Im also saddened that I couldnt help open their hearts to the beauty of Islam, but thats not something I can dwell on as I have no say in that matter, Allahu alim

3 comments:

  1. May Allah (swt) give you strength and patience during the difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to hear that sister. May Allah (swt) give you subr at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel.. really though.. but u can tell stories to ur kids. Kids soak them up like sponges and really treasure them. My kids still ask me stories about my dad and often bring up a story I told them before , so that I can tell them again, even though they know it by heart :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed