The other day I cooked salmon en croute with roast potatoes, parsnips and some steamed baby corn. It wasn't until I put all the food on the plate that I realised I should have cooked a different coloured vegetable. Plain looking food, no matter how different the tastes, it always tastes blander to me :( but it was still nice. Some things to remember if I cook it again, and hubby liked it. Which in my book is the main thing. So alhamdulillah

Ammena
Via BlogPress on her pretty cute iPhone
Salaam sis. I always go for the look of the food. I would have used a few baby carrots, roasted with the potatoes, and maybe a sprinkling of parsley or cilantro on the salmon for a shot of color. :-)
ReplyDeleteOf course, the major decider is the YUM factor and it did indeed look tasty. :-)
Sounds yummy, but you are right you need color. It also seem like quite a bit of starch for one meal.
ReplyDelete