7 August 2010

Wedding favours

I collected a parcel today and after standing around listening to the accusing eyes accompanied by the smirks over the fact that I dont have ID under Ammena Butt... he finally gave me two portions to my wedding preparations.
Firstly... heart shaped mints that will go in a small dish next to the guest book for the guests to munch at (or keep) while they sign our book insha'Allah
Secondly... the rock pieces that will go in the wedding favour bags that hubby's mum is sending over from Pakistan :) 
I have ordered some more rock pieces, purple ones :) so far Im really pleased with these masha'Allah.. we are thinking to order some more of the mints because 100 just doesnt seem enough, also they are cute and only 99p :D In the favour bags there will be pieces of traditional pakistani fruit favours, some mini eggs (cause hubby recently tried them and loves them and suggested we put them in.. how can you deny an excited husband that??!) I think thats enough :) I did want to add something small as a keepsake, but I cant find anything simple and cheap enough. I thought about heart shaped stones, but thats practically impossible ;) Also we are getting some wedding bubbles to put on the tables so I think that should be enough for everyone to enjoy insha'Allah

6 comments:

  1. At my Aunt's wedding they got some buterflies and everyone got an envelope...and at the end of the ceremony... they let them free around the couple.. its so beautiful Masha'allah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there sis :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.partypop.com/Categories/Dove_Butterfly_Release.html#UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. AsSalaam Alaikum

    Can I come - sounds lovely! Or save us a bag LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salaam sis. Just wanteId you to know I often read your blog but don't always comment. So just letting you know I am happy for you and your husband, having the ceremony for your family to attend.

    I personally always think simple is better so your gift bags seem just right. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salams sis. I'm another silent reader. Your little gifts and wedding preparations are really nice. I'm sure people will appreciate it. Take care sis! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed