.. When we were in Chester on Sunday, me and my mum popped into Primark cause she hadnt had time to really shop at this point and just wanted to see what was in there. The two men stayed outside while we sprinted around the shop, she picked up a whole outfit (dress and leggings) with extra leggings and a cardigan, and also picked me up a pair of feetef pjyamas (like a big babygro) at the check out :D When we moved off from outside the shop down the road my stepdad turns to my mum and says 'A has something to ask you' me and my mum look at hubby who gets the 'deer caught in headlights look' and is silent for awhile. Me and mum look at each other, shes intrigued and Im questionning what on earth he has said to him and kicking myself for not pushing to hubby how he does this all the time (remember when I asked him what he would say if I told him I wanted to move back to UK? I take the dog for a walk and come home to a crying mother!!!)
So A starts with 'remember we told you that we are having a wedding in Pakistan?' OH NO!!!! mum starts flustering and shaking her head.. 'I wasnt told anything about this' she keeps repeating. I later tell him he has to stop saying wedding, its a party.. albeit a big party and very important to his family... but it isnt a wedding. Anyways, she just keeps saying this over and over, alhamdulillah (just this once) for my stepdad who says, 'yes they have, right from the beginning!' then I remember my mums reaction to me not agreeing to not go to Pakistan in the next few years 'fine, you have him, enjoy! SLAM of the phone' hmm... Hubby starts off again, 'well it would be nice if you could make it over and celebrate with us and my family over there. I just wanted to say that you are invited to it aswell' I wait for a reaction, and wait some more... my mums is first, obviously cause my stepdad has probably already reacted. 'Thank you for inviting us, we will have to see though... we arent made of money (she says laughing) and we dont get many holidays.. so just let us know' There.. out in the open!!
Later they ask me, youre only going over for a holiday right? not to stay? I frown at them and lift an eyebrow.. enough said... 'do I (stepdad) have to wear traditional clothes?' Yes I tell him!! I dont care if he doesnt have to, I would like them to and I listen to him go on about how he isnt... whatever!!
All in all, good reaction alhamdulillah
ahh sounds like a definite kodak moment...
ReplyDeleteaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh family :)
ReplyDeleteseriously, you're making strides. maybe it doesn't always feel like it... but you are. :)