4 October 2010

The wedding morning...

.... started at 0630! My mum had told me she would phone me from her hotel room down the corridor at 0645, so I thought I would wake up a little earlier and try to get some things done. In the end I got nothing done except a shower and a tidy up, I phoned her room at 0715 to tell them I was going down for breakfast. I was told to wait ;) they were ready and 'just giving me a lie in' pff, whatever!!

We went down for breakfast which I have to say was the nastiest hotel breakfast I have ever had!! Premier Inn, NO!!! The fruit salad tasted like fizz and vinegar, the scrambled eggs tasted like water... I should have asked for a place of mushrooms and tea really. We stayed there for abit, I was asked again if we were only going to Pakistan for a holiday ;) then we went back to our rooms. I packed my stuff and moved it down to my mums room for when I was getting ready in the afternoon. Then we set out of the hotel passing by the receptionist for my mum to beam 'my daughter's getting married today' I couldnt help smiling either

In the carpark I gave my stepdad the balloons I was sending him to the card shop to get blown up with helium, 4 in total and me and my mum set out to the hotel where the reception would be taking place. We got there not long after, now my mum hadnt seen the hotel before now so she was excited for that and I was looking forward to seeing what the room looked like. I expected it to be clear apart from the tables so I could start setting up.. what a shock I was in for! When we got there, the room looked the same as it had done when me and hubby had dropped off the cupcakes the evening before. I was not impressed! She told me the room would be ready about 12ish and said everything would be ok, all I had to do was tell her where I wanted what and it would all be ready for when we got back from the ceremony. I wasnt expecting that! So although I was nervous about things not being ready, and I had sort of expected to do everything myself (and was looking forward to it, may I add) I was happy that someone else was doing all the little things for the room. I stood there with her and she wrote little post it notes and stuck them to each individual bag saying where they needed to be and in what type of pot if needed. I was really happy with how she listened to me and was really nice, I wish I had dealt with her from the start ;)

We sat out in the lobby and I started on the task of attaching the printed labels to the favour bags, we chatted, we laughed at the fact that the balloons my mum had bought all the way over from Canada obviously didnt stay in the air with her master breath. Then my stepdad phoned in a tizz.. the card shop wouldnt blow up my balloons because I hadnt bought them there. Whatever! I told him to insist and pay for it, mum freaked out... I attached labels ;) He didnt phone back, then we saw him park the car with inflated black bags in the back of the car. 'Obviously he got them done and I bet you he used the 'Ive just come all the way from Canada for this wedding' line in the shop' I asked how he got them done, 'well I just told them, Ive come from Canada for this wedding' I raise my eyebrow at my mum ;) I finish the labels, hand over the balloons to the room coordinator and me and my mum set out to go get my hair done :)

We are running late and cant find the shop, I phone the lady.. we find her and then make a short stop for hair accessories in a nearby shop that has a whole floor dedicated to wedding things. I could easily have spent hours there, instead.. I leave my mum there ;) The lady starts combing my hair, talking with her daughter about the style Im after and what needs to be done with it.. mum comes back, shes off again to buy some balloons (the same as the ones she bought over, with an additional plain purple one)

More details to follow insha'Allah

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ "I've come from Canada..."

    God bless you, dear. I wish I coulda been there.

    ...Hurry up and post more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed