5 October 2010

.. wedding morning to follow

So I sat and had my hair done, they pulled, backcombed, tonged, straightened, poked.. then I started to panic when I realised it was 1230. They still hadnt done the main bit, added the accessories and I still had to drive to the hotel, drop off the balloons and have my makeup done!!! gggaaaarrrrr!!!

We got out around 1pm and made our way to the hotel I was having my reception at, I texted my makeup artist (best friend from high school) and asked her to meet us at the hotel to then drive me and mum back to where I was getting changed so that my car would be there all the time then. I dropped the balloons off and as mum went the toilet I ran back to the car to pull out the presents I had bought for her, my dad and my brother in law :) I had previously discussed it with the hotel staff and they agreed to put them in appropriate places on the 2 main family tables. I came out of the room to find my mum pacing (she was getting stressed!) she asked where the artist was, how was I supposed to know?? I phoned her, but because she was driving she obviously didnt pick up the phone... we stood there for 2 minutes, I didnt know what she wanted to do until she screamed (maybe thats a tad over the top but she did shout it at me) 'I have too much to do, I still have to shower!!!' then it was the 'lets take your car and we can sort that out tomorrow' bless her.. my mum was being a typical mother of the bride :D as I had just talked about picking up the bouquet on the way to the registry office ;) hehee. I text my friend 'mum stressing, meet you at X hotel' then we make our way there, to a stressing stepdad (what is it with these people??) Mum jumps in the shower while I sort out my clothes, hunt for a missing watch that I had made especially for the wedding (I find it in its box under a pile of clothes) and the things I need to take with me for the evening and the next day. Shes finished, artist shows up and I get changed in the bathroom quickly. I come out to a few oohs and 'doesnt she look lovely'

The makeup goes on quickly but effectively alhamdulillah (I start to feel like a clown) stepdad wants to take pictures before we leave (bearing in mind he hasnt got to grips with his DSLR yet!) Also have to point out that by this moment I havent spoken to hubby except a few words before the signal cut out around 9am.. I dont like not being able to talk to him :( Dad thinks it will keep me quiet though ;) I strap on my shoes and we are off to the car that my stepdad is driving us in, I nearly fell down the stairs too at that point over my dress. I actually didnt stretch it out like I had planned to with the shrunken chiffon, but it looks absolutely fine and I didnt even think about it for the whole day alhamdulillah. We got to the reception, the girls were all oohs and ahhs and someone said 'your car is ready outside' I was like 'huh?!' Obviously something she shouldnt have said according to stepdads twitches, I got outside and was pointed to a grey old style Rolls Royce, it looked amazing masha'Allah. My stepdad goes 'you think we are going to let you drive to the registry office in a hired car?' I was thinking... well I was thinking more of a taxi (they wouldnt let me book it during the day, said stepdad would sort it out for me) I have to admit, I had an idea that they were doing something like this... I have intuition with these sorts of secrets, but I never imagined how much more prefect it would make my day masha'Allah.

The Rolls Royce
Me and mum sat in the back of the car and stepdad sat in the front, and we drove to the registry office in style :) Although I was worried we would be late cause he seemed to be driving really slowly and taking some strange route. I worried about hubby stressing about where I was, after all the jokes I was going to be late to this one too and people telling him they were going to kidnap me and drive me up the M6 ;)

We got to the registry office, and the first person I saw was the family friend who we had met on Sunday who was into photography.. here, to photograph my wedding :) it was a shock and such a nice surprise alhamdulillah. She sent the photos yesterday morning, so insha'Allah they should be here today or tomorrow which Im really looking forward to :D

Anyways... more to follow

3 comments:

  1. Will we get to see any pics? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mashallah sis... yes were are te pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwww, i'm loving hearing about this, since i couldn't be there... and the pictures are awesome. thanks for sharing. *big hugs from michigan!*

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed