22 November 2010

Chats with mum

So I spoke with my mum last night, quite surprisingly it was over an hour and we had a good catch up alhamdulillah. I told her about hubby getting his visa, she congratulated and genuinely sounded pleased for us, she asked what difference this made to us and was pleased it would help in the future. She also put her two pennies worth in about what we HAVE to do now with our lives but thats just my mum. I mentioned that we were looking at flights now for Pakistan, I was not looking forward to mentioning this to her, she acknowledged but didnt go into detail with her questions. She doesnt want me to go, end of! I know that, but this isnt something she can dictate about.. this is my husbands family, hey.. this is my new family and I wont let her come between us. I mentioned to her that we are looking at coming over for about 3 weeks the end of next year so that give her something to talk about too, she asked what we would be doing and mentioned all these places that we 'had' to go bless her. I told her we would take a few days trip to Toronto, Niagara and of course the ski slopes that I used to frequent :) hubby wants to try snowboarding and Im all up for having someone to go with lol. She was very excited about this prospect but also upset that it means I wouldnt have seen her for 15 months (hubby pointed out to me later on that he hasnt seen his parents in about 28 months by the time we are looking at going over there) I told her I wasnt coming over to renew my health card in May because it was a waste of money and my time away from hubby if I went there. It was a nice conversation, minus her telling me things that I need to do but Allahu alim

On another note, Im getting very excited about the prospect of my walimah in Karachi :D Ive been asking hubby how things work over there, what I will wear for the henna party (oh yes Im having one!!) hopefully my cousin is looking at coming over for it too which would be amazing to have her there insha'Allah. Im looking forward to the clothes, the food but most of all the people. I asked A if his mum will cry when she meets us at the airport, he said probably.. I wonder if he will.

Well I started 12 hour shifts today, Ive got about 2 hours left and its not so bad. To be honest it isnt the 12 hours that kills me (I did my last working year in Canada on 12 hour shifts) its the 0230 start that does it. However, I work until Wednesday and then Im not working until the following Thursday, hubby is starting full time hours at the weekend (Saturday-Wednesday) which means that I will have 2 full days with him this thursday and friday which Im very much looking forward to. So far the only thing planned is a trip to Asda during the day when its quiet ;) so we are just going to relax together and go for salat ul-jummah insha'Allah.

Ok, let me try and look like Im actually working now
Peace and salams
Ammena xxx

5 comments:

  1. Nice update - alhamdu Lillah. :)bEnjoy your two days off work together and mabrouk again on the visa. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam,
    If your husband hasn't seen his family in two years, I bet he can totally sympathize with how you will feel with it being over a year when you finally see your mom again. And by the way.................. I feel so badly for both of you, because that's way too long to go, 15 months or 28 months. :(

    I am excited to hear you mention a trip to North America! And of course your upcoming walimah and henna party and trip to Pakistan. LOL But dang, to see you in person again? YAY ME. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the your hubbys visa, i think only people that are waiting for a visa know the joy of getting it! sounds like exciting times ahead for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I know the feeling of having relatives worried when u say u r going to PK…

    Any chance your mom could come to the walimah? When the parents actually see PK and meet the ILs and see it is a place just like any other and not just angry mobs with giant beards and bombs, it really puts them more at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were invited, but unfortunately due to the amount or should I say non amount of holidays they get in Canada they cant make it :( hubby actually invited them when they were over for the wedding ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed