Yes, its been awhile.. I tried to blog yesterday but for some reason the computer wouldnt load the window properly. So here I am, at work reading through SOPs and periodically writing a sentence or two. I have a manual handling course with St Johns Ambulance to go to this morning, so my shift has been changed to a 6-2 I would have rather started earlier but thats ok :) Before I get into whats been happening with me, did y'all notice my blog rename?? hehee.. After coming into contact with so many gori (white) wives I thought I would incorporate that part of my life into the name of my blog as that is what I am a part of now alhamdulillah and always will be insha'Allah. My new family have welcomed me into their open arms since pretty early on in my 'relationship' with A alhamdulillah, they havent looked at the colour of my skin or the fact that I havent always been muslim. There have been tears and questions from both sides but they have always realised that he makes up his own mind masha'Allah and I was what he had made up. Insha'Allah soon I will get to meet them all and get to know them even better. Hubby is currently teaching me little phrases he thinks would be beneficial when we go over 'how are you?' 'I am fine' just little things that I keep having to go over and keep getting asked by his mum (well he keeps getting asked because I dont speak with her)
So whats been happening with us since the big day?? Well the only really interesting thing is that we got a car :) woohoo.. it was much needed with my 0230 morning starts, the £14 taxi one way was getting too much for our finances and the 75 minute bus ride home was getting too much for my mental state so alhamdulillah. We bought it on the Wednesday, picked it up on the Friday and by the Saturday it was already causing problems and had cost £130. On the Monday we took it back to where we bought it and he took it into the garage that he works with, five days and £350 less we picked up the car and alhamdulillah so far so good. It has enabled us to go shopping in Asda ;) which works out better for our pockets masha'Allah so we are very pleased little people :D We got AA cover last week and I drove to Great Missiden for a radioactivity protection course for 2 days, the scenery and the building was amazing.. the food, not so good and I was so grateful to be driving home on the tuesday evening.
Clocks have changed, I slept alot this weekend, caught up on some major stitching and baked hubby some cinnamon rolls that I know he loves :) Insha'Allah next weekend will be a major update.. of the good kind, Im not too sure but I will keep you up to date insha'Allah
Peace and salams
Ammena
I <3 updates :)
ReplyDeleteA nice update - and mabrouk again on your car. Alhamdu Lillah you got it sorted. :) ~Nicola
ReplyDeleteI was wondering what the heck is "Gori wife" LOL... Mabrook on everything sis... you know I love ya...
ReplyDelete