19 February 2011

Dressing up

After 7 years of not dressing up for anyone, just slightly when I would meet friends but never OTT.. Im finally married and full of a person to dress up for.. but guess what, I dont have the clothes for it and I definately dont do the make up for it either. So what do I do?? Did you find it so easy to step back into that dressing up for your husband? I wonder if its harder for converts or born muslims or they both find this hard. Or am I just slipping back into my tomboy roots?? Any comments welcome

8 comments:

  1. Pam (aka Nachida)February 19, 2011 2:10 pm

    If I "dress up" for DH he would ask me why and tell me to dress more comfortably. and makeup? he'd laugh like crazy and tell me to take it off.

    Ask your DH and see if that's what he'd like or not. Don't assume all men are into that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate dressing up. Prob has to do w/ my Anabaptist roots. Never dress up for hubbe either (unless we are going somewhere for like an interview, etc.). Used to be a big tomboy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that being surrounded by my husbands sisters helps me to feel like dressing up. They are the fashionable type, and I am not but the excitement is kind of catchy. I still don't really do too much make-up. I recently got some for wearing around the house and the DH saw it and laughed, he found it so strange to see me wearing any but he said maybe he would get used to it. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaam sis. You know, my husband is so-low key, he doesn't require it. Or even desire it. I, on the other hand, wouldn't mind fixing up for him but I admit it is a relief! He does however appreciate weird little things like when I put my long hair (which he loves) up high on my head. ??? So seems the easier is better for him.

    If I am clean (uh yeah!), wear clean clothes (got that one too!) and sometimes a little kohl or a little fragrance, he is happy as a clam masha'Allah. Oh and a clean home and good, simple food. ;-))

    If you don't want to ask your husband, just try dressing up a little one day and see what his reaction is. Happy, pleased, indifferent? And go from there, insha'Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I asked my husband if he wishes me to dress up or wear make up, and he said 'no, why?' and that he is happy the way I am.

    Aren't I lucky? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assa sister-
    I think you should make a special effort to 'dress-up' for your husband- it hardly takes any time- it's wearing a certain special outfit he may like, or dolling yourself up in some makeup, and always being as clean and nice-smelling as possible.

    I may be a little old school on this- but my perspective on this is you should look and be like a Queen for your husband. For the world, we may have to wear our modest clothes and abayahs but for our husbands we should look our best. This is a reverse- because in today's society- we feel that we should only dress up when we go outside. However, we as Muslim women should change this way of thinking.

    We should dress-up a lot for our husbands.

    I have just completed my first year of marriage and I know how much my husband loves for me to look my best, in addition to the all the other wifely responsibilities. Which is why I think we should give a lot of attention to daily dolling up time. And it should be fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For it was easy... I guess... Tank top and a pair of fitted jeans...LOL I always wore make up. Dressing cute is fun. And having a sposue that pays attention makes a huge difference. If the man doesn't see the curls on the shoulder or the pouty lips than he gots an issue. it is a lot of work because pleasing the husband is battle against shaytan. Shaytan woud rather msulimah be half naked outside the home than inside. So its an effort... but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Assalamu Alaykum ya Ammena, I have not heard from you in so long subhana'Allah.

    personally, (not married) but I can't wait to have someone to dress up for. I like to dress up alot by myself even when alone at my apartment. I love to do my hair and make up.

    It all depends. If you never were used to that or liked that sort of stuff then its not gonna be an overnight transformation. The women in my family are very extravagant so I sort of inherited that from them alhamdulillah. insha'Allah it will come easy for you as its our fitrah as a women to adorn ourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed