March 31st still 2010 ;) hehee (Its only when I get to April and have to think to change the month do I actually start working on the right year)
First full day in Pakistan, had nice cold shower in the morning and took my anti-malaria tablets. Havign pains in stomach now, wonder if its because I took them on an empty stomach??
Went out for a drive; still not used to the roads and even more not used to Chilli tomatoes driving!! Went out with A to pick up little sis in law from school :) hubby got the sandals fixed by some guy who sits under a sheet on the island in the middle of the roads (that are supposed to separate oncoming traffic, but apparently noone believes in that and drive both ways on both sides) They told him in UK that they couldnt be fixed, but hey presto :) and all for a few pound.
Getting ready to start the day properly now, going to the shops and to see nana later.
Woke up this morning to the fajr adhan, I just remembered now as I listen to it calmly going off for dhuhr. Amazing subhanallah :D
Went to see nana, poor guy, hes so thin.. about 6 months ago he was diagnosed with some cancer, they operated and apparently it was a success. Then something happened and it looks like his body is just wasting away, he isnt getting all his nutrients properly, is being fed through a feeding tube. He doesnt talk (hes had a tracheotomy) or move and they say he doesnt register anything :( I feel so sorry for him.. it was very upsetting for me to see him that way, I cant imagine how it must be for his family who knew him as a strong, tall man full of character and stories about his cricketing career and tea with the Queen.. masha'Allah he led a full life, I just wish I could have heard about it from him :( He reminded me of my uncle not long before he died in 2009 before he ballooned with water. It got to me but I felt like I had no right or they would think I had no right to get upset. I know hubby is glad that we went though alhamdulillah and thats all that matters.
Then we went to see nooni, such a kind and wonderful woman masha'Allah. She lives with her youngest son and their family. Seeing hubby she just cried and cried, telling him about her husband. It reminded me of my Grandad when my Nana died, but her husband is still alive :( such a terrible situation, it must be horrible to see him suffering like this. May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) grant him strength through this test and end his suffering. They keep singing Chilli's praise, how much of a worker his is, everyone is so proud of him masha'Allah. Thats my husband, Alhamdulillah ;)
Then we went to see Abu's youngest sister, the spoke English, so nice. Let us use the internet and we handed out the invitations.Came home and ate dhaal, aubergines and rice Was nice, took some tablets for my tummy.. feeling much better in the evening alhamdulillah.
After food we left to check out the venue for the walimah, but the guy wasnt there so I think we are going back tomorrow. Then we drove to the shopping area (Tariq Road) in search of clothes for the walimah. In the third shop after much bargaining, which was highly amusing, we got my bridal lengha (or sharara as they call it here) fabric and we love it! A pastel green colour, so now just have to get bangles and matching hijab (looking back now, there was a lot more that apparently I NEEDED to get that I just didnt realise at the time!) Also bought fabric for a suit, normally a fancy shalwaar kameez but hubby asked to be made with a skirt instead, a really nice bottle green for special occassions. They will make it there and we can pick it up in a few weeks insha'Allah. Forgot to mention about the sales technique here... you sit down in a shop and they show you the fabrics once you tell them what colour youre looking for, then they make some men hold the fabric for the skirt and drape the duputta over there heads and bodies so you can see what it would look like.. I forgot to get a video, was so distracted by it all.
Many new experiences, a man dressed as a lady was following hubby around for awhile, everyone seems to latch to him lol. We got Chilli a lovely dark orange kurta from Shahid Alfredi's store which will work really well with my mehndi outfit. Im glad hes wearing it, I think he will look really nice and he only even wears things like this for Eid prayer. So to have these 3 days, or events, of him wearing these.. I cant wait :D His sherwani is being made especially for him too, shoes and turban :)
When we got back to the car we found a big crack in the bumper and all stood around thinking what to do about it. Until ami walked around and saw the hanging ornament from the mirror was different, it wasnt our car!!! It was such a funny and memorable moment alhamdulillah.
We got home and showed abu all the fabric shoes and purses we had bought, told him about the sherwani and showed him a few pictures we had taken of hubby trying on the ones in the shop. A's husband came over for a little while aswell.
A man came over around 1230am!!! to install a wireless router for the house, so now they have internet :D Finally got to sleep abour 2am.
Found out my brother in law isnt arriving until 8th, when he told us he would be there the day after we arrived. Im not impressed and slightly annoyed while I write this. I dont care what date he comes on, but why tell us different?? He thinks its amusing, but he will be missing a party that we didnt know anything about (the mayoon) I feel sorry for hubby mostly though, he would like his big brother here.. but more freedom for me for the time being around the house ;)
First full day in Pakistan, had nice cold shower in the morning and took my anti-malaria tablets. Havign pains in stomach now, wonder if its because I took them on an empty stomach??
Went out for a drive; still not used to the roads and even more not used to Chilli tomatoes driving!! Went out with A to pick up little sis in law from school :) hubby got the sandals fixed by some guy who sits under a sheet on the island in the middle of the roads (that are supposed to separate oncoming traffic, but apparently noone believes in that and drive both ways on both sides) They told him in UK that they couldnt be fixed, but hey presto :) and all for a few pound.
Getting ready to start the day properly now, going to the shops and to see nana later.
Woke up this morning to the fajr adhan, I just remembered now as I listen to it calmly going off for dhuhr. Amazing subhanallah :D
Went to see nana, poor guy, hes so thin.. about 6 months ago he was diagnosed with some cancer, they operated and apparently it was a success. Then something happened and it looks like his body is just wasting away, he isnt getting all his nutrients properly, is being fed through a feeding tube. He doesnt talk (hes had a tracheotomy) or move and they say he doesnt register anything :( I feel so sorry for him.. it was very upsetting for me to see him that way, I cant imagine how it must be for his family who knew him as a strong, tall man full of character and stories about his cricketing career and tea with the Queen.. masha'Allah he led a full life, I just wish I could have heard about it from him :( He reminded me of my uncle not long before he died in 2009 before he ballooned with water. It got to me but I felt like I had no right or they would think I had no right to get upset. I know hubby is glad that we went though alhamdulillah and thats all that matters.
Then we went to see nooni, such a kind and wonderful woman masha'Allah. She lives with her youngest son and their family. Seeing hubby she just cried and cried, telling him about her husband. It reminded me of my Grandad when my Nana died, but her husband is still alive :( such a terrible situation, it must be horrible to see him suffering like this. May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) grant him strength through this test and end his suffering. They keep singing Chilli's praise, how much of a worker his is, everyone is so proud of him masha'Allah. Thats my husband, Alhamdulillah ;)
Then we went to see Abu's youngest sister, the spoke English, so nice. Let us use the internet and we handed out the invitations.Came home and ate dhaal, aubergines and rice Was nice, took some tablets for my tummy.. feeling much better in the evening alhamdulillah.
When we got back to the car we found a big crack in the bumper and all stood around thinking what to do about it. Until ami walked around and saw the hanging ornament from the mirror was different, it wasnt our car!!! It was such a funny and memorable moment alhamdulillah.
We got home and showed abu all the fabric shoes and purses we had bought, told him about the sherwani and showed him a few pictures we had taken of hubby trying on the ones in the shop. A's husband came over for a little while aswell.
A man came over around 1230am!!! to install a wireless router for the house, so now they have internet :D Finally got to sleep abour 2am.
Found out my brother in law isnt arriving until 8th, when he told us he would be there the day after we arrived. Im not impressed and slightly annoyed while I write this. I dont care what date he comes on, but why tell us different?? He thinks its amusing, but he will be missing a party that we didnt know anything about (the mayoon) I feel sorry for hubby mostly though, he would like his big brother here.. but more freedom for me for the time being around the house ;)

sounds like your having a good time mA! :) I don't know how you are surviving the heat in Karachi though. I would literally die.
ReplyDeleteSo sad to hear about your nana, I will be keeping him in my prayers.
the man with cancer is chilli's granddad? jokes about the car bumper.
ReplyDeleteyeh his mums dads :(
ReplyDelete