Went out with Abu to do some errands today and stopped at the frame shop on the way back. The 2nd frame they had made was very poor quality so after chilli and Abu spoke with the owner on the phone, hubby took back my stitching and demanded the money back. Very upset!! I cant believe hes pushed us around this much. Hes had the stitching since Sunday it could have been finished a long time ago :(
Picked up one of my suits from the tailors, I love the kameez, the shalwaar is very weird stiff fabric and I hope once its washed it will be less starchy.
Ami's friend popped around before, she left us all a little present masha'Allah which was nice. Gave me some jewellery and hubby a tie/cufflink/cravate set :D
Ami and A went out to do last minute things and got back when people had already started turning up. Hubby didnt know what to wear, in the end settled on the orange Shahid shalwaar and a white kameez, he looked nice masha'Allah.
Party got underway. To start with it was so boring, I was sat in the bedroom for nearly an hour after everyone had settled on the terrace so A coud sort out my chair. When I should have been sitting with the ladies with their drums and singing, I was eventually led out. We went through the ritual of everyone putting some yellow tinted paste on my hand and giving me a bite of sweet, Chilli had to tell people a few times I was wearing a scarf when they tried to put the paste on my head. When that had all finished A took us into the bedroom for some photos, then we were finally allowed to eat, although I had to wait for my naan. Then there was the usual vegetarian and muslim comments and the 'she doesnt speak urdu?' which all made me feel very uncomfortable and paranoid mixed in with the stares and giggles.
For more on the ceremony history visit this link ---> here or here
Picked up one of my suits from the tailors, I love the kameez, the shalwaar is very weird stiff fabric and I hope once its washed it will be less starchy.
Ami's friend popped around before, she left us all a little present masha'Allah which was nice. Gave me some jewellery and hubby a tie/cufflink/cravate set :D
Ami and A went out to do last minute things and got back when people had already started turning up. Hubby didnt know what to wear, in the end settled on the orange Shahid shalwaar and a white kameez, he looked nice masha'Allah.
Party got underway. To start with it was so boring, I was sat in the bedroom for nearly an hour after everyone had settled on the terrace so A coud sort out my chair. When I should have been sitting with the ladies with their drums and singing, I was eventually led out. We went through the ritual of everyone putting some yellow tinted paste on my hand and giving me a bite of sweet, Chilli had to tell people a few times I was wearing a scarf when they tried to put the paste on my head. When that had all finished A took us into the bedroom for some photos, then we were finally allowed to eat, although I had to wait for my naan. Then there was the usual vegetarian and muslim comments and the 'she doesnt speak urdu?' which all made me feel very uncomfortable and paranoid mixed in with the stares and giggles.
For more on the ceremony history visit this link ---> here or here
![]() |
| Us |
| My mayoon outfit :) |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?