12 June 2011

April 6th 2011

We woke up for fajr alhamdulillah and Chilli went to the mosque and stayed up after that, his cousin came around, they sat downstairs and I got up around 10am after sitting outside for a little while.
Hubby went to pick up ami's frame, the guy wasnt there.. insha'Allah later
As I listen to the dhuhr adhan I am humbled and grateful to be here, Im also sad at how the family are with their Islam. To live with this constant reminder yet the closest they have to recognising it is to pull a see through piece of material over their heads or utter a duaa under their breathe :( so sad. I wonder how Chilli feels being around his family now, knowing that when he left he was much less religious than now.
Phoned mum, just to give her peace of mind while Im here I dont mind really. I just dont tell her how hectic its been, I think she will see it as we think this is more important than the civil wedding. That we are spending so much money on this and getting professional things, inviting more people and what not.
Went to Tariq Road, we got pulled over by the police for driving on the wrong side of the road, yeh I know!! but its the norm over here... you need to get on the other side where theres an island in the middle you just drive on the other side.. its ok, but if theres an accident its your fault and obviously the police can and WILL pull you over for it!! demanding all sorts! this time it was just short of £5, but apparently its the principle, which is why we were sat around for about 30minutes until the copper eventually talked to my sister in laws husband and he let us go.
When we eventually got there we were looking for bangles and hijabs, eventually found a nice chori stall but quite expensive. We got a little discount and came away with 2 sets for the mehndi and 2 for the walimah (orange/red and sea green/silver) they are very pretty masha'Allah. We had to buy some plain sparkly glass ones that A is supposed to put on my wrist at the mehndi and we got some cheap gold and silver plain ones for the Mayoon.
Couldnt find any hijabs, or even material :( but was told I needed some shoes for the mayoon. Heres me thinking I would wear the silver ones, but I was allowed flats which made me happy :D Hubby had wanted me to buy a pair of the traditional flat leather sandals, so thats what I got :) Slightly uncomfortable between the toes, but Im sure I will get used to them.
Late night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed