7 June 2011

April 4th 2011

Had a great time with Aishah last night, hubby too. I think it was good to get away from family, alone time but not totally.
A and ami have finally come around to the idea of me wearing hijab after we showed them some photos we found. Insha'Allah it will be ok.
Just been out for lining fabric, got the gharara back from the tailors, feeling very sick and dizzy... putting it down to not having eaten yet.
Insha'Allah we will eat soon then we're going out for fabric for my hijabs and some suits hopefully. Also went to the photographers to look at the albums, 16,000 Rs to cover the 2 events (mehndi and walimah) approx £100
Cant wait to get all my outfits back, might be picking up hubbies kurta too later insha'Allah.
Went out around 4pm, took A's and amis suit to be stitched at a different tailors because this one is taking too long (the main tailor just had malaria!) Sat with L and the nephew in the car, then went to Tariq Road for other things, picked up hubbys kurta, he looks so nice in it, I love it! On this trip we bought my mehndi shoes which I really like and 3 unstitched suits and one kameez fabric


Mosque on a roundabout at Tariq Road

April 5th 2011
Strike on today! No shops open :( which means an extra day waiting for my everyday clothes to be stitched :( No idea what we will do today, Chilli said visit relatives.
Didnt pick up amis frame yesterday, by the time we got to the shop around 9pm it was closed :(
Boring day really, didnt do anything. Sat around outside for awhile, took pictures on the roof and went to give out a few invitations in the evening.

6 comments:

  1. AAaaah the mosque is in Bahadurbad :) Tariq Road is after the next round about. Now i'm homesick! I desperately want to go back for a visit. I may even go and give my tailor a hug! If only he knew how much I miss him!

    It must have been difficult to shop with the sad state of affairs in the city. Hope you got everything done on time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics. It makes me miss Karachi :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mashallah :) I've just sat down and read through all your new blog posts, don't know how I missed them! Sounds lovely mashallah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe because I took off the blogger thing from facebook.. I noticed Im getting a lot less since then, but there are now people on there who I dont want to see this blog.. I wonder if I can not et them see the updates.. but I have the updates on my twitter account

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the first picture your in-law's house? It looks really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, its just a house I saw while we were giving out invitations :) I wanted to show my mum they dont all live in mud huts or shanty towns there.. although I didnt get an outside shot of my inlaws house.. go figure!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed