20 June 2011

April 9th 2011

Late start to the day as we were up late last night. Some people stayed over and we just pottered around during the day.
Around 5pm the girls came to do my henna. They were so quick and its amazing, they didnt go as high up on the leg as I thought but thats ok. I washed it off around 8pm and its so dark its unbelievable. I think the fans drying it off has something to do with it ;) When I usually have this done and I think about how long to leave it on for I always remember my uni friend when she put it on me for the first time and then put the lemon, sugar and water over the top when it started drying.



Went out with the girls after chilli went to collect his sherwani with the boys. We went to pick up the jewellery set, it is gorgeous!! picked up my bracelet from ami too which is just as lovely. The tikka is so cool, thinking about asking hubby if we can keep the tikka :D its just so different for me :D
Stayed up late watching a recent family shaadi from Lahore which was very different from what we wanted and the video went on for sooo long, close to 3 hours.. I hope ours wont be that long :(

7 comments:

  1. That is beautiful!

    I would like to invite you to my blog- The Girl in the Awesome Chador http://thegirlintheawesomechador.blogspot.com

    Have a nice day! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu Aleykum,
    I just came across your blog and MashALLAH I really love it.I'm a French revert sister married to a pakistani man, and i'm definitely following your blog from now on InshALLAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that mehndi is so dark! It's so beautiful, I love it. I'm jealous, I want some done so badly, B just keeps being a downer and telling me how much it smells and how long it takes to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops... I should probably say, this is the henna drying on my hands, I hadnt washed it off yet ;)

    Hes saying that because its a girl thing.. would you not go out shopping with your girlfriends just because he says its boring and expensive? get it done if you want it!! It does take longer to dry usually in the UK but thats the fun ;) you cant do anything while its drying hehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. The design is so beautiful and intricate - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The darkened finger tips is one of my favorite styles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salams,

    Your mendhi did turn out really beautiful. That bit around the ankle is cool too, like an anklet.

    I like the new blog layout, it seems to load faster.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed