So yes.. Ive said it... Im ashamed of myself... :( I still havent learnt my new surah :( So in the space of nearly 2 years of marriage I have learnt 1 surah... 1 surah!!! astagfrillah.. I just cant get the push to do it and I do know that the thought of a 12 verse surah is very daunting to me.. I contemplating learning just the arabic like I did for my last surah (al-humazah) I have learnt the first 3 verses alhamdulillah.. but they are repetition and a borrowed verse from another surah :(
Don't worry Ammena! Keep going and you'll be right back on track. We all need to do that (especially me!)
ReplyDelete*hugs*
xxx
Heathu:
ReplyDeleteHey Ammena! Don't be so hard on yourself...instead of looking at it like I still have 113 surahs to go...think of it as YAY! I learned 1 surah..how cool is that? Plus, you could have learnt the second surah which is so long...that's a great accomplishment...well even if it isn't the second....knowing one surah is one more surah you know which is great :)
Oh yeah, I was thinking you could learn the shorter surahs (like from the back of the Quran) since those probably won't take so much time....it could be a great way to learn the rest since you feel you are doing something and seeing actual results....you know? You could always get a group of girls together from your Masijid to practice your recitations...that could be a great support system for you. Whatever you decide to do...I'm sure you will do great :) Just don't give up....keep at it^^
Oh yeah, I'm sorry if my advice isn't very good...I'm not sure if Quranic recitation is hard or not since I've never done it...but I was just trying to help....
thanks :) if you check my recitation progress chart page you will see Ive already learnt all the little surahs. This is my first biggy hence why I think Im holding back and not charging forward :)
ReplyDelete