The day we left... we left first thing in the morning, got up around 4am.. everyone as usual was taking their time. I found A napping on the sofa downstairs after we had woken her up. We had had about 3 hours sleep maximum if that and I was getting irritated by the lack of movement. L started crying when she was told that she should stay at home, I eventually got it so she could come with us as well... it would have been too much to leave her there.
We eventually got to the airport, checked in our bags after much hassle and movement but alhamdulillah they let us on with 88kg between us (limit is 60kg) without having to pay any extra :D There are so many check points in the airport and so many people ready to push their way in front of you :( grrr I nearly banged someone out the way when they tried to push in front of me.. he even looked me in the eye as he walked past. I just cant believe the nerve of some people. We didnt get much time to wander around as by the time we had stopped for tea (just tea!) and got through 4 checkpoints the plane was being boarded.
We prayed at the masjid inside Muscat airport for dhuhr and asr.. be warned those flying from KHI, the masjid is only before you go through security after checking in your bags, there is no other!! In Muscat they had a separate hall for men and women with their own wudu areas, very clean masha'Allah. We were supposed to meet up with Alix at the airport but I think we went too far inside and she couldnt get to us :( insha'Allah next time :) Then we ate and waited for our plane to take us home.. we were exhausted!!
I suppose that concludes my Pakistan trip, we have been back in London now for 3 months now alhamdulillah, have booked our flights to Canada for December ;) and we are looking forward to our life moving onwards now. Ramadhan has started but that is another post (these are scheduled)
Peace and Salams
Ammena
We eventually got to the airport, checked in our bags after much hassle and movement but alhamdulillah they let us on with 88kg between us (limit is 60kg) without having to pay any extra :D There are so many check points in the airport and so many people ready to push their way in front of you :( grrr I nearly banged someone out the way when they tried to push in front of me.. he even looked me in the eye as he walked past. I just cant believe the nerve of some people. We didnt get much time to wander around as by the time we had stopped for tea (just tea!) and got through 4 checkpoints the plane was being boarded.
| Leaving Kharachi |
| We stopped in Muscat airport for Dairy Queen :D |
I suppose that concludes my Pakistan trip, we have been back in London now for 3 months now alhamdulillah, have booked our flights to Canada for December ;) and we are looking forward to our life moving onwards now. Ramadhan has started but that is another post (these are scheduled)
Peace and Salams
Ammena
salams..just wanted to let you know that I've really been enjoying your Pakistan journal.... it made such a good read. I'm kinda sad it's finished, but looking forward to the Canada journal next insha'allah ;)
ReplyDeletexxx
wow...masjid in airport...wow
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Ramadan! Salaam