So the holiday season is approaching, and before anyone jumps on me about how haram it is to celebrate Xmas I wasnt talking about that!! We are going on holiday :D again its a family holiday thing, we are visiting my Mum in Canada for the New Year but its a holiday and Im very much looking forward to it.
It will be Chilli's first real snow holiday and hes very excited to be trying out snowboarding when we go over :) Hes been excessively checking prices and updates on all the different types of boards, bindings and boots.. I swear, he knows more than me, while I dont claim to know everything and Im not amazing on my board Ive been on a board probably 3 seasons and I love it :) I dont love the timings between seasons as I feel I forget many things but then it all feels new once more when I get on the slopes. I love it!!
Ive been trying to 'organise' our 23 days over there in Canada so I know how much money we need to save up for all the little things we want to do. At the moment we have 7 trips to the slopes, which means lift passes and maybe a few rentals for hubby.. and 5 days at a ski resort which I am super excited about.. although Im not really looking forward to having to share a room with my mum and her husband!! Allahu alim... it doesnt sound like she expects us to be together 24/7.. things its about time she realises that I have my own family now and Im not just her 'baby' grrr
Things at work are up and down, Im working with a new girl who's command of the English language isnt very good which causes more work and more problems for me really. Its times like this that I wish I didnt have to work, but Allahu alim.. I enjoy the week off that I get even if I do have to live with 12+ hour shifts :)
Thats really all thats happening on my side at the moment.. teeth have settled down alot alhamdulillah, I have stained elastics which are neon yellow at the moment thanks to Mr Tumeric :D but I enjoyed the curries :) Oh yes, Ive been making alot more desi food lately much to Chilli's delight which included aloo queema, aloo gobi and aubergine curry (I cant remember the name)
Onwards and Upwards
Peace and Assalamalikum,
Ammena
It will be Chilli's first real snow holiday and hes very excited to be trying out snowboarding when we go over :) Hes been excessively checking prices and updates on all the different types of boards, bindings and boots.. I swear, he knows more than me, while I dont claim to know everything and Im not amazing on my board Ive been on a board probably 3 seasons and I love it :) I dont love the timings between seasons as I feel I forget many things but then it all feels new once more when I get on the slopes. I love it!!
Ive been trying to 'organise' our 23 days over there in Canada so I know how much money we need to save up for all the little things we want to do. At the moment we have 7 trips to the slopes, which means lift passes and maybe a few rentals for hubby.. and 5 days at a ski resort which I am super excited about.. although Im not really looking forward to having to share a room with my mum and her husband!! Allahu alim... it doesnt sound like she expects us to be together 24/7.. things its about time she realises that I have my own family now and Im not just her 'baby' grrr
Things at work are up and down, Im working with a new girl who's command of the English language isnt very good which causes more work and more problems for me really. Its times like this that I wish I didnt have to work, but Allahu alim.. I enjoy the week off that I get even if I do have to live with 12+ hour shifts :)
Thats really all thats happening on my side at the moment.. teeth have settled down alot alhamdulillah, I have stained elastics which are neon yellow at the moment thanks to Mr Tumeric :D but I enjoyed the curries :) Oh yes, Ive been making alot more desi food lately much to Chilli's delight which included aloo queema, aloo gobi and aubergine curry (I cant remember the name)
Onwards and Upwards
Peace and Assalamalikum,
Ammena
When I got my own place and started doing most of the cooking, I stopped adding turmeric, since I hated the way it stained my fingers and or ANYTHING it touched. You could try mustard seeds as an alternative, if you like.
ReplyDelete