31 May 2012

Im still here :)

Assalamalikum and hellos to all you lot out there..

so its been far too long as someone mentioned in my last post.. January seems so far away when I got my lower braces put on. I want to blame it on the fact that blogger wont allow me to use a gmail address (which is just silly!) so I wont use blogger on my phone. However, its more than just that! I could come up with a million excuses but instead I will just fill you in on the last four nearly five months.

Can you believe its almost June already?? Half way through the year!! SubhanAllah... so whats been going on.. well braces are still on! A few adjustments have been made and Im very pleased with the results so far, so is my orthodontist who says he sees no reason why they shouldnt be off around September as planned :) Alhamdulillah, so Im really praying that it all goes smoothly from now on. I had a few problems last month with the wire sticking into the inside of my mouth, but the wire has been changed to a less flexible one now and my new mouth is coming along nicely :) I just remembered I have some photos of my molds on my phone of my teeth before, maybe Ill upload them later insha'Allah

There hasnt really been anything big happening to be honest, Chilli Tomato has found himself a new job alhamdulillah at Morrisons (supermarket) he starts today, so Im looking forward to seeing how that works out. After his probation he will be earning generally the same amount as his old job, for less hours and there is hardly any commute. 0.8 miles instead of 8 miles alhamdulillah. He rides his new bike, oh yeah, he bought a hybrid bike (mountain bike frame, racer wheels) after buying our mountain bikes purely for work reasons, to work and it takes him about 10minutes if that!! so hes very happy. He realised there is a gym that hes been to before and he liked just next door to his workplace AND there is a mosque around the corner Alhamdulillah!! Hes even more up to actually moving to the area, which would mean closer for me too when Im going to work at 0230... trust me, an extra 5 minutes in bed makes a world of difference!!!

In May we took a family holiday to North Wales, my old next door neighbour has a caravan there and they allowed us to use it for a little while :) It was amazing masha'Allah.. our first proper holiday together away from family :) We climbed Mount Snowdon, went to a mountain bike park, strolled along the beach.. It was quite an active holiday and I was suprised at how refreshed I came away from it all really, Im glad I married this guy partly for the reason that he is so active masha'Allah.. He has opened me up to many experiences since we married in 2009 and Im grateful to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) for that. We share so many more hobbies now.. I got him into snowboarding and photography and he got me into mountain biking :) prefect combinations masha'Allah

Ive recently bought a kindle (well my mum will tell you she bought it for my birthday but whatever! ;P) and Im in love.. Ive been reading soo much since I got it (feel free to check me out at my Goodreads profile :)
Also, Ive started meal planning :) Im thoroughly enjoying cooking new things (I decided to cook at least 2 new things every plan), our plan is for 2 weeks and its settling into a good routine alhamdulillah.

Insha'Allah when I get a minute free I will upload some photos from whats been happening since I last wrote :) Wish I could upload my instagram photos onto blogger, like you can with facebook and twitter.. would make things good too :D

Anyways, time to get back to work I think.....
Keep commenting :)
Fi amenAllah
Ammena

1 comment:

  1. Salam,
    I ve read your blogs its really good. I realy enjoy to read ur blog.
    Amena can i add u on fb...?
    U may contect me on my gmail.
    maria.statsdmcg@gmail.com
    Desperately waiting ur reply...

    Ur blog reader,
    Maria Rahim

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed