Assalamalikum, so i just wanna vent about my day.. well 10 minutes of my day. So I went to the masjid Ive been praying at all week today for Dhuhr, when I got there it was locked, which i was expecting so I waited around for abit. Some dude came up to me and asked me what i was doing there, when i told him i was there to pray he asked me where to which i told him downstairs in the big room. He told me i couldnt pray there, there werent facilities for women. Now come on... facilities??? what do we need thats so different than men?? Do we need a slide? astagfrillah sorry, then he told me i should go home to pray, to which i told him (now he was getting to me at this point) i didnt live around there. So I waited around and in the end another guy drove in and walked straight to me, I felt like he was some sort of bouncer or something. So he salamed me, which was nice, then told me i couldnt pray here... after repeatedly asking him why he told me the mosque committee had decided to do this, I asked him if there was a woman on this 'committee' he laughed and started to tell me about the other mosque. Subhanallah... i nearly felt like crying. So i asked how far this was away.. he told me about 5mins, bare in mind i work only 4 mins from this masjid so this would mean nearly 10 mins away from work, which i told him and he just blankly looked at me.
So in the end i left for the other masjid... subhanallah, i was glad i did go, its massive and is connected to a school. Theres a nice womens section, cant see the other side cause its another room, but its clean with wudu area masha'allah and a nice big window. So i prayed then went to look around a little, didnt see much but insha'allah ill go back when im moved over there. I decided that when im moved i either finally ask if I can use a room, Im gonna ask Dawood where he prays when he has to, see if he prays at work, or just drive home cause its alot closer than the masjid. Then visit the masjid at weekends, or when i need something more, Im hoping insha'allah that they have some sort of classes there too.
What else did i do?? I went to my apartment to measure up for blinds and stuff, its been painted and looks sooo different, I got to check out my room more and was told theres actually 2 guys who live in the building that work at my place too. So im looking forward to getting everything in and finally making it mine insha'allah. Subhanallah i got some funny comments at work today: so what is your nationality? your english? and your parents? will u eat my food? i dont know what u can eat. It was funny.. and very good dawah alhamdulillah. Insha'allah I will be able to spread the word of Islam to some of my workers.
My hand is healing alhamdulillah, more and more everytime i look at it subhanallah. Truly amazing!! anyways, I have homework to do, which i havent so think ill rest now and get up early tomorrow. Keep in touch girls. Fi amenallah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?