7 June 2007

My news

Assalamalikum everyone, so today I woke up early for my hospital appointment.. its been 2 months since my last one and one month since receiving my new glove. I got there just before my time and saw the glove lady, she asked to see my scar and told me it still needs pressure, and there was me thinking my doctor would tell me its fine. Although I thought he might have told me that, I didnt want it to be finished with, because I didnt think it was finished (the scar I mean) and to be honest Im really self conscious about it. My mum doesnt help from everytime I take my glove off she tells me to hurry up and get it covered Allahu alim.

Anyways, he doesnt think its ready to come out of the glove, alhamdulillah.. and he asked if I have been told about some steroid injection, well... ahem.. you are my dr, did you tell me about it?? So then he was like, do you want it? so i ask the usual needle phobic questions, how big is it? will it hurt? what does it do? is it worth doing? answers: no, a little, releases the scar matrix underneath the skin to flatten the scar, yes. So I eventually agreed, after reminding him how I was with the drip needle the nurse nearly poked through my hand when I was supposed to get the graft. So he did it... twice, it bled a little and now its covered again... he said I will definately see a big improvement next time I go back, erm... why didnt you do it sooner then?? lol.. he said he could see a big improvement and that the mobility in my web space is the image of my good hand alhamdulillah... so thats my hand news.

On another topic... I booked my flights for going home this year Insha'allah I fly October 17th and fly back to Canada November 4th... so just over 2 weeks.. which gives me 2 and a bit weekends which is good.. insha'allah Ill get to see at least 1 match. Im also planning a few days in Morocco to visit a friend from uni and days down south. Insha'allah apart from this i wont be doing as much travelling as last time. I want to spend some time with my grandparents insha'allah.

Also, I found out yesterday that Ive been accepted for a new position in work. It basically what I do now, but in addition I will be working on the ballistics range too and its 12 hours shifts.. I only end up working 15 days out of a month, including 2 weekends.. but its more money and its what I want to do. It wont be for ages yet.. I was worried it would mess up my montreal plans, but he reckons a few months as I have to train someone to take over my afternoon shift.. oh yeh, cause I will be working 7am till 7pm...

Ok, thats it for now... sorry ive been soo quiet, just trying to catch up on things now my family have left canada. Insha'allah Ill have more to write soon. Tomorrow Im meeting a facebook friend at jummah in my masjid, so looking forward to that, oh and Im also going for my 2nd treatment of laser to my legs cant wait till thats all over and im hair free (well sort of) Take care peeps... Fi amenallah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed