11 February 2008

Boarding

I went boarding today :) left my place about 1ish all ready and sorted. Got new gloves (well bought them a few years ago just forgot about em) so no more brushin snow of wooley mittens, got cup of tea to warm me a little before starting, got my camera. Drove over to the slopes using a different route cause I was coming from a different direction, nearly there then my tyres go over the snow in the wrong way. Imagine this... there are 2 lines in the road that all the other cars have removed the snow with, so Im following that but then it seems to move to one side so i try to keep straight then I totally feel my tyres skidding underneath me, winter tyres my bottom!!! But i prayed and said no, on no, please no.. for a very long time and alhamdulillah Im back on track. Anyways I get to the slope, sort myself out while waiting for my friend... Im freezing my bum off at this point cause Im not moving (-15 and thats without the wind chill) then she arrives, we get our lift passes and head over to the slopes. Walk up 'my slope' as my friend has named it :P as in ammenas slope :D get to the very top and realise its really icey, to the point that im trying to stand and my board is sliding away from me. So we move to the lower level and get on track.... I get up and start moving my way down the slope, I feel more in control but Im still having issues with why things do what they do. Like I know what I want to do, I want to move in the opposite direction, so I try to shift my weight to the other leg but the board still travels that direction towards the trees, then I panic and just fall to my bum. Then at other times, Im totally not thinking and try to shimmy over to the other direction and I go, but it happens so quickly I dont know how I did it. Anyways I got to the bottom probably with falling twice, although it wasnt really falling it was more not being able to do what I wanted to do so I purposely fell. I was pretty impressed and my friend even said she wasnt expecting that heehee which was nice to hear. Then Im taking the board off my feet, as in getting out of the bindings and I hear a noise, I look down to see this black strap and to my horror I realise the binding that keeps my left toes in place has snapped off. We were both totally gutted, cut long story short.... my friend went to the other slopes while I went off to rent a board, wasnt ideal but we had only been there for like 30mins if that. So I walk to the shack and it says in big letters, we dont take debit cards as deposit, what do I have?! My debit card :( so Im off to wait for my friend. When she arrives she says, its probably a good idea the wind was really picking up and she said she found it hard to stand on the other slopes cause the wind was blowing from behind her and pushing. I was just soo frustrated though :( especially after such a good start and now with me going to chicago next weekend I will have to wait 2 weeks to be able to go :( Insha'allah it will work out though.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry that you couldn't really enjoy your boarding day! But it was really cold and icy, so maybe in the end it was better you didn't do it? The car thing is quite scary :( surprised that the winter tires were not better in the snow! Hope you enjoy Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you didn't get much boarding done. Insha'Allah it'll be better next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry it didn't go to plan but hey i love the picture you look real pro sis!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamu alaikom,
    Guess it was *that* cold, huh? Yikes... I wish you were driving to Chicago, since you would have to drive right past my house. heh Take care, and enjoy Chicago. Do some shopping while you're there. Chicago is Toronto on steroids. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed