First of all let me tell you about the company that I work for. So once you have worked for this company for 1 full year, you become involved in their profit sharing scheme where they take a percentage of their total profits for the year and divide it amongst the employees. Everyone gets the money as a percentage of their earnings and noone can earn over a certain amount from the profit sharing so this reduces the fat cats getting all the money. Anyways, I started this job November 2006, so this year I was entitled to 2 months profit sharing which totalled to be just over $2000 masha'allah :P now in order to get this money a percentage has to go into a pension plan, some has to go directly to you (minus taxes of course) and the rest you can choose to go to either... I opted for the money heehee, so in total I will be receiving just under $1800 minus the tax so Im quite pleased with that. So in my one on one interview the bosses told me if I had been there the whole year the figure would have been more like $14,000 subhanallah can you believe it. Anyways, on my drive home I started thinking well maybe I could talk to h2b about it and see if I could stay over here until january next year to get the full amount. This probably sounds like I would be asking his permission, but it so isnt like that because I miss him more than anything, but this would be a little savings nest for us... then I thought more about it and thought, well if I got a job in UK it would probably be the same as being over here for that amount of time.
So my day carried on in a random and quick blur and it came time to get ready for work, I decided to pick up my post on the way out instead of picking it up when I get home from work usually. I had 2 letters :) oooh, the excitement lol, then I realised one of them was one of those 'congratulations random person who we are choosing to annoy' so I threw it in the bin and noticed the other one was from the canadian immigration and citizenship department. I walked over to my car and started it up, then opened the letter for a quick look to see there in big bold letters NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO WRITE A CITIZENSHIP TEST yes I have been called to take my test at the end of February insha'allah... I truly think this is a sign, what dya reckon? To be thinking about staying in Canada for a little while longer, not for my deen but for dunya things and then to be one step closer to being able to fulfil half of my deen by moving away and getting married... subhanallah... Im so excited I could burst, but now Im nervous about taking the test, its so close and with me being away this weekend (which im still very excited about :P) I dunno when I will study, and I havent studied in sooo long.
Anyways, thats how my day went :D alhamdulilah
Peace and salams, Ammena
Salaams Sis:
ReplyDeleteWhat a day!
Well, good luck with the test.
Boy oh boy, the profit sharing thing sure is tempting!
Assalamu alaikom, I can't believe the amount of money the employees get for profit-sharing. That's insane! Lucky for you, masha'Allah. You have to convince "H2B" (sounds like a rapper's name) to move to Canada... Don't go!!! *sobs* What's his phone number, let me talk to him again and see if I can't convince him yet!!! :P Good luck with the test. Please tell us what it's like to take a citizenship test! I'm terribly curious. Insha'Allah, I'm sure you'll do well.
ReplyDeleteAssalaamu alaikum,
ReplyDeleteAll sounds good sis! Am also curious as to what they will ask you in a citizenship test... insha'Allah it goes well.
and I though my day was a whirlwind...whatever happens may allah make everything easy for you...are the q's on the canadian citizenship test as daft as the uk ones i wonder??
ReplyDeletehow stupid is: what is the national anthem? whats the colour of the Canadian flag? thats just some of the sample questions. But I will let you know how it goes
ReplyDeleteSalam sis,
ReplyDeleteI hope it all goes well for you. Just do istikhara before taking any steps and you can't go wrong. Will wait to hear how it goes!
Are there citizenship tests for the UK now, Kate?
Wow thats great about the profit sharing, would be amazing if you could stay the 1 yr to get more of the money, sure helps things!
ReplyDeletecongrats about the citizenship test, be forewarned that yeah the questions are quite stupid - when DH took the test he was just laughing at all the crazy things they ask...some of them I didn't even know! (eek and I was born here!) Good luck, Inshallah all will be well!
Salam, I noticed a girls paper lying around today. She works on the floor and was here the whole of last year, here initial sum (before pension and stuff taken out) was around $17,000!!!
ReplyDeleteThe profit sharing sounds brilliant. I know I would be tempted!
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck with the test - you'll be fiine!
Assalaamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
ReplyDeleteInsh'Allah you pass the test! May Allah make it easy for you. ameen.