25 March 2008

Books

Woohoo.. my books are being shipped out as we speak :) as Im at work it means I will probably pick them up tonight, that is if they cant leave them in my mail box. This is what I ordered to cheer myself up last week :P

A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini
I read the kiterunner a few years ago and really enjoyed it, so once he released this I was itching for it... however, books are just far too expensive over here but I thought oh well... at least its money spent on something good :) Its a hardback too, which I just realised so if anyone wants to borrow they are going to have to pick it up heehee


Ive heard so many reviews about this I just wanted to check it out. It was fairly cheap too, just $10 so I thought why not, although my friend in Ottawa told me she read the first 2 chapters but couldnt get into it... insha'allah it will be worth it



As you all probably know Ive read the first 2 books of this series and I cant wait to start this one insha'allah. Although stitching to finish first!!! It seems from the blurb like its from a different perspective, the first 2 were from the young convert Tamika, this one I think is from her parent in laws. Should be interesting, Ill let you all know.


I had this on my wish list, and when I was in Ottawa I noticed it on my friends bookshelf. Apparently people keep giving her books! noone gives me books! lol.. its about muslim scientists (well thats part of it :P) so looks like an interesting factual book insha'allah.

3 comments:

  1. oh, that last book looks so cool! I would totally love to read that one!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just finished the kite runner and am interested in reading more from that writer... let us know what it was like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good reviews about the eat pray and love book, I wanna get a copy soon...

    havent heard of the others, but let us know what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed