27 April 2008

My day

So today Aalya came over to visit me :) She bought me brownies, which are yummy masha'allah. We went for coffee and walked around the shopping centre for alittle while. Then we went over to the masjid to pray dhuhr, was nice masha'allah.. always good to have a break in the middle of the day to remember your creator, I find this break (going to the masjid) alot more spiritually rewarding than just stopping what I am doing and just pray. I took a few pics quietly, well tried, while Aalya prayed the sunnah 2 rakahs for entering the masjid. After salah we walked back to the car, oh yeh... did I mention it was a mission to get into the masjid? well to get into the womens section that is! Anyways... we walked back to the car, she took a pic of the masjid (would be interested to see how it turned out sis) then we drove over to the shops :) heehee... we are both old navy fans, but not today! there was nothing there, and I mean NOTHING! So we walked over to smart set which is practically next to old navy (dangerous combination, for me anyways) I bought a pair of jeans and a nice flouncy yellow top which I think is sooo me! Then we drove over to Red Papaya for food, I ordered crispy noodles with vegetables and have to say my face must have been a picture when she plopped the plate infront of me. I was expecting crispy noodles, the ones you get with chow mein (well uk chow mein anyways) instead I got a bed of what looked like fried bits of string and I wasnt impressed... I ate all the veggies, leaving the tofu and noodles. Why tofu too? did I ask for tofu? do you assume that because I just want veggies that I must NEED tofu for protein? ARRRAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!
Anyways, then we came back to mine, de-hijabified and chilled with the brownies and some english tv heehee... we chatted, I gave her her pressie (the shahada on black fabric) which I think she liked. It wasnt until she was nearly going that we had a good full conversation and things with me and my mum.. I always enjoy these chats with her, shes in a similar boat to me and has always been the person who understands this the most, alhamdulillah.
I had intended to go to my mums today after Aalyas visit, but it stretched too long and for some reason I see me doing this during the daytime for some reason. I had intended to tell her about my upcoming move back to UK.. I realise alot of things, that it wont matter how I tell her or when I tell her shes still going to blow a fuse... but if I dont do it now, when will i do it? Although you all know... it will probably still take me awhile to pluck up the courage. Insha'allah it will be over with soon cause its making me sick.. its affecting my appetite, its distracting me and distrupting my sleep.
Then I had a txt convo with a good friend in USA... who eventually phoned me, and we chatted for about 2 hours (113mins to be precise :P) It was good to hear her voice and her little laughs.. I miss her. Insha'allah Ill go down to visit before I move back, and of course she wants to be here if and when h2b comes over to visit, insha'allah.
Now its nearly 12am and Im still wide awake, but with a stiff neck for some reason.. Im very close to finishing duaa: the weapon of the believer so insha'allah Ill get it finished soon, some interesting info near the end masha'allah. Now Im off.
Peace and salams, Ammena

5 comments:

  1. Salaam... sounds like you had a good day together masha'Allah. That's what I miss... freedom to get around and meet up with people... went out this morning to visit a friend and what a mammoth organisational operation that was: *Operation visit friend* Grr!
    You don't like Tofu?? Yummy, nutritious, delicious grey cubes of... of... squidge! Ok, it's yuck! Gimme veggies and lentils any day! have a nice day! Umm Ibrahim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful day of shopping and chatting!!
    Thanks for snapping that pic...I really like it :) The pic of the Masjid is still in the phone, I'll have to download it tonight :)
    I really love the stitching - mashallah it really is beautiful and I am so overwhelmed that you gave it to me (I don't show emotions well in person - but I really was)

    Must do this sometime soon...Inshallah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu alaikom,
    Hi from USA. :P
    Glad you had a nice time with your friend!!! Old Navy has maxi-dresses right now. Those are hijabifiable, if you can deal with the plunging neckline. I can't. But they are soooo pretty, dangit.
    What was the hassle getting into the mosque?

    eyes-serene, too lazy to log in

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam girls.. the hassle? the door to the ladies section was locked.. u know inside, that leads from the lobby to the sisters 'side' we had to walk through where the guys put their shoes :P Im glad i know the mosque though and know I could do that.. if i didnt know the place i would have been gutted! Alhamdulillah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam aleikum... I know I have been missing in action, but...well.. lots on my shoulders. Anyway.. here I am !!
    I think about you often and about the impending doom of telling ur mum. I pray that Allah will just make a perfect time or place..and it will be easy and done.
    I think, really though... that ur right.she is gonna freak no matter what. My best advice I can think to give is to remember ur an adult and capable of living ur own life and most of all you DESERVE it.I think once u get the freedom, and are away for a while, ur mum will come around and things will be fine. Cause really can you see her missing out on her daughter's wedding? ( Incha'allah) nope.
    so.. hang in there and I am still praying for the best opportunity to happen, Incha'allah.

    emm about not sleeping... like I tell Nick, stop them wheels from rolling

    Glad you had a wonderful time with AAylah.. masha'allah that picture is beautiful.


    hang in there... sis.. even when u don't hear from me , I am rooting for u always. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed