So yesterday I spoke to my grandad who just got off holiday for a week in Cyprus with my brother.. masha'allah sounds like he had a good time and I await his postcard :) I decided to pray dhuhr at my place before driving over to my mums (who I had talked to before my grandad) Tra la la.. I drove up and we spent a few hours doing random things, taking mums shoes back cause she didnt wear them, picking up a dairy queen ice cream and generally chatting. When we got back she was having pains in her leg and hadnt slept well the night before so she decided to have a little nap. I was sat downstairs reading a magazine but eventually decided to go upstairs and talk to my stepdad who was on the computer. I had had the big intention to tell my mum that I was moving back to uk the day before like i mentioned... but I sat on the edge of the bed looking through his holiday snaps, I went to the toilet (my problem is, I think too much about situations so i never act upon them!) then when I came back I was like 'what would u say if i told you i wanted to go back to the uk?' so he asked me why and the usual expected questions, we chatted a bit more about other stuff and he told me he would back me up and understood where I was coming from.
We both came downstairs and he asked if I could take the dog out for a walk while he prepared the tea, so I walked the dog :) while walking around and thinking how I could approach the subject now with my mum. I got back and was just talking about one of their neighbours and how he is with the dog (totally irrelevant) and my mum said to me 'have you got something to say?' so he had told her.. in a way I was mad at him, I hadnt asked him to mention it.. but in a way I was glad that I had been forced into this corner and the approaching the subject had been taken out of my hands. So I sat next to her and told her what I wanted to do and why, she was upset of course.. and more so that I hadnt talked to her about it first, which I feel bad for but I know we would have been talking differently if I had done it that way around :( she cried and cried and kept asking why and trying to show me bad things about UK. 'its in a recession', 'its full of immigrants', she told me that she had given me this opportunity because she thought it was good for me.. I told her, maybe it is.. but I have to find that out for myself. I think in the end she understood where i was coming from, and even joked that I would be sending tea bags over :) us brits and our tea eh? She made me promise to not be too rpoud to come back, which I wouldnt be.. she was worried that I wouldnt be able to come back (no reason why I couldnt, I have citizenship now alhamdulillah) I was starting to relax, then they both made comments and the 2 other things that I have to tell them about (marriage & islam) my mum made me promise I wasnt going home for some guy (which im not, purely! he isnt the only reason) and my stepdad told me to just not get involved in the same #&*$ I was involved in last time (when i was looking into islam) because he wouldnt come and help me. *huff* spoke too soon eh?!
But alhamdulillah, this is one thing out in the open now... and insha'allah i can find the strength to tell them about the other changes in my life when the time is right. Now Im at work.. Im going to check out some job sites, and insha'allah Ill be able to give my boss the heads up tomorrow cause hes working late insha'allah.
Peace and salams, Ammena
Assalaamu Alaykum,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you managed to get some things off your chest. May Allah make the rest easy for you.
Well done you! *hugs*
well at least you managed to make a start, insha'allah it brings you at least some of the relief you've been craving...hugs
ReplyDeletexxx
Salaam Ammena ;),
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear you told your mom about moving back to UK.You will see,now things will go easier.
However,I do not understand,your mother does not know that you are a Muslim?Or...did I get it wrong?
Anyway,I hope things will go fine for you and I wish you all the best in the UK :).
thanks for the comments girls.. no natasha, she doesnt know im muslim.. insha'allah that will be sorted soon too
ReplyDeleteThings will get better for you inshallah. Take it easy though , be gentle with your mum and show her the real islam when the time comes. I mean actions rather than words , if you know what Imean...
ReplyDeleteLove you , Ines
Salaam sis, alhamduillah sounds like you handled it really well. All in good time sis. Once you come back here and there is some distance between you and your mum inshallah it might make things easier or perhaps not so much of a problem as you won't be having to hide things. May Allah swt reward your strength sis. Julia x
ReplyDeleteAssalamu alaikom,
ReplyDelete"its full of immigrants"
Oh, the irony, it burns. LOL
Well, I'm glad this is out of the way. It must be a lot off your shoulders. *hugs*
love,
eyes-serene, too lazy to log in
AsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteMashallah. I'm so glad you finally found a way to tell her this first thing, and inshallah the rest will come soon, when the time is right.
al hamdullilah !!!! you did it !! sooo proud of you!!!
ReplyDeletesis.. the rest....like u said will come when time is right and u are stable and secure. Incha'allah
Im all excited and have goosebumps ~!!!
Im so relieved. HUGGSS