18 May 2008

Frustration

So Im at my mums for a little while, hence why Im posting :) Im just getting a little peeved with her little comments at the moment, it seems that her every waking moment is dedicated to putting me off going back to UK. As you know, she just came back and Ive heard constant comments of 'you wouldnt believe how expensive everything is over there now, bread, milk, everyday basics' and things about 'you have to do this' for instance she thinks I should tell work that Im going away for 12months then if I decide to stay in UK I can tell them when the 12months is nearly over.. point? erm.. your guess is as good as mine! She confuses me sometimes, she talks about 'IF' I come back but then shes talking about what I should do to make things easier 'WHEN' I come back... its a constant rollercoaster. Im being told I have to think about these things.. erm, why do I ???
Ive decided.. Im going to look for jobs coe August time, tell work that Im giving them a few months, tell the jobs Im applying for that I need 1months notice at work. I found a few more websites that were locked away on my 'msn explorer' favs list.. which I had to delete since the new hard drive, but my mum has it too so I was able to email em to myself alhamdulillah. I think Ill give myself a few weeks to spend with family.. maybe take a weeks trip down to London, stay at a sisters house.. then I can spend time with him (if hes there) and see if I can line up some interviews for that time too.
Ive also been thinking more lately about telling my dad about my deen, especially if h2b is moving away.. Id like him to meet my dad before he leaves, so at least one person can see he isnt a monster after a visa.. we will see insha'allah.. there isnt much time to sort it out and I would like him to spend more time, shame they are so far apart. Please remember me in your duaas... im really prayin that he can stay for longer and get something sorted.
Well, I had best get back to something productive :P heehe, my life totally... out with some girls tomorrow. Insha'allah the weather perks up a little, Ill post some pics when my comp is back insha'allah.
Peace and salams, Ammena

7 comments:

  1. Salam aleikum sis... well, you know my opinion is kinda with ur mums side.. it's always good to not burn any bridges and it's ur right to do this. But I see ur side too..cause if she knows you took her advice, she will be thinking that you just MIGHT come back.So my final advice is to go with ur gut. ;)
    I also think you really have a wonderful idea about H2B meeting ur Dad. in fact you should really make that happen. :) I think will help u a lot for when it's time to stand up to ur mum. Incha'allah.
    was beautiful here today..masha'allah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AsSalaam Alaikum

    Sabr sister, that's my best advice. Seems like a good idea to try to get your h2b to meet your dad - it's always better if someone actually knows the person you are going to marry! Has he heard any news yet about what will happen to him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam, thanks girls... heard about whats happening to him? well theres no diff really, hes been told, but not sorted anything out yet I dont think.. frustrated with him too.. just leaves everything then gets angry at last minute. What can you do?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asalaam `alaikum:-D

    Hi Ammena, how r u? Insha'Allah khair! Your Blog is good to read for me, since it entails your experiences first-hand. I read it was your birthday? Happy belated and may Allah s.w.t. bless you with many more, insha'Allah.

    I am gonna link you so that other people can gaze into the life of another convert to Islam. Masha'Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AsSalaam Alaikum

    LOL. He's Algerian - nuff said!!!!!

    Inshallah everything will sort itself out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salaams Sis:

    Be patient with your mom. She loves you! Just think if your baby were leaving :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry sister all the anxiety you are feeling, life full of test hun and we gota be strong and work through em! you gota take your life in your hands and live it sister. How will you ever reach your full potiential? great news you are going to tell dad, i will make dua Allah make it easy for you ok! Your mum right about inflation in UK prices are high and cost of living but the people there are surrviving and living , you will make ends meet somehow sister inshaAllah.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed