12 May 2008

This new shift

So I was just sitting here thinking about the things I like about this shift and thought I would tell you all.. Im now wokring 7pm-7am for 15 days a month, the schedule repeats every 2 weeks.. one week I work mon, tues, fri, sat & sun the next week I work wed, thurs now you know the details, here is my list of the good and the bad that comes with continental nights B shift
The Good
  • Im on a shift with the younger people, and my friends alhamdulillah
  • There is less people on this shift (especially no management or office staff) so more time to play and relax
  • I only work 15 days a month, so I could use 2 days holiday and be off for 7 days
  • I get to chat to peeps in UK cause Im still up when they are starting their day
  • I can keep up with my prayers (especially fajr) alhamdulillah
  • I dont seem to be randomly shopping as much as I used to 'for the sake of it' (im too tired)
  • I seem to be sleeping a lot better on my days off (normal times)

The Bad

  • I work nights! enough said
  • There never seems to be enough to do for 12 hours, although maybe we are just quiet at the moment
  • I have to sleep until mid afternoon when Im working, which also means if someone randomly phones me they wake me up, it also means I generally pray dhuhr late too
  • I miss my tv shows occassionally (everyother week)

So all in all seems that the good outweighs the bad, alhamdulillah. And now I have only 90mins left before I go home and grab a few hours sleep, enough to see me through to the evening cause now Im off for 2 days alhamdulillah :) time for me! I seriously need it with all thats been happening lately.
Peace and salams, Ammena

4 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikom,
    The bad: It's hard on the body. But, it's not going to be like this forever, or even a long time, and you're young and healthy. :)

    There seems to be some fairly decent benefits for you. I'm glad to hear that!

    eyes-serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Ammena,
    Always very wise to look at both sides of the coin. Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds pretty ok to me. I personally would like to work more 4 days a week and have the 5th off..but I guess the employer doesn't think so. lol
    You will know after a month if it's a good thing or not. Incha'allah. But sofar sounds positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaams Sis:

    I turn off the phone when I am sleeping :)

    I used to work third shift when I worked in the county prison. Then I would go straight to college classes. Gheez ... back in the day when I was younger, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed