so Ive been away for awhile, my computer is still getting fixed so the only time I can come online is when Im at work.. and play, while I should be working :D always fun heehee. Whats new with me, I hear you say... well to be honest, not much. I havent been able to learn my surah like planned because I have, again, NO COMPUTER!! Ive been randomly buying things on ebay, last week I bought a long wedding skirt which still hasnt arrived at my friends but I pray gets there ok. Ive decided on the top half of the outfit which I need to get in touch with an old friend for to help me insha'allah, so Ill let you all know when its better. Ive also been looking at a few other things, my reasoning? if I buy a few things in UK then I dont have to trundle as much stuff over there when I move :D heehee, good reasoning? I think so!
I just found out on Monday that one of my bestest friends over here has been given a job in London and she is leaving Toronto on june 30th insha'allah. im so excited for her, her mum is british so shes had numerous holidays over there and shes been saying she wanted to do this for so long. So at least I will have a dear friend over there to confide in insha'allah, Im lookin forward to us 'doing London' together. Here people question my accent, now in London people can question both our accents :P yes I still get questioned there cause Im not a southerner. go figure!
On sunday I am taking the final part of my gun license (restricted part) so I can fire a handgun - which was recently pointed out to me as being illegal in UK. But im looking forward to having the ability to say I can heehee, although I freaked out h2b the other day by telling him all about it 'so you can fire guns? hmm... maybe Ill find myself an algerian wife' heehee.. he wouldnt dare! he knows I would kill him teehee.. joking. Its sunday day then mon & tues night, with the exam either wed to thurs, so Ill let you know how it goes.
Ive spent this last week talking to h2b quite often, which is a nice difference.. people ask me how I cope with the long distance, I tell them.. you get used to it! Although Ive been told it would be harder if we were married.. who knows! We have been talking alot about his case, hes been to a few different lawyers alhamdulillah, and they have given him different prices for taking his case and other bits of advice. He also recently received a letter asking for proof that he was resident in UK in 2003, of course.. he wasnt working, and he was living in a rented flat, rented = no utilities = no proof that he lived there :( so we are stuck in a little dilemma at the moment.. I think he has decided what lawyer to go with and I pray that this is a good thing. I asked him why they tell him to get out the country, and then ask to prove this.. the lawyer told him that the person working on his case seems to be giving him a second chance.. insha'allah it is and that this can all be fixed. Its funny, since all this happened I have found myself more willing to give up what little control I thought I had over my life.. I even started to think how things would be like if he moved back to Algeria, its nice to not worry about things cause you know you cant do anything about them. I just ask for you all to remember us in your duaa insha'allah, its all that we can do for now, I will keep you in the loop of what is happening, but Im definately reading this as a good sign insha'allah. Allahu alim.
Anyways, I should probably get some work done
Peace and salams, Ammena
Assalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteOh, that's nice about your friend. Insha'Allah, all goes well for h2b.
e-s
That's so cool with the hand gun thing , i would love to learn how to use weapons of this kind! very importnat in self defence as the world we live in is not so nice subhanAllah. Illegal in most countries in Algeria too as i did enquire when i first was intending to live here as i would have liked for self defence ect but was told i was over reacting, alhamduillah the neighbours are great vigilantis and no guns needed! That's cool about you mate getting a job, hope all works well for her and you hun!
ReplyDeleteSo you're moving to London! Awesome! Hope to hear some interesting posts about your impressions
ReplyDeleteSalam aleikum..missing u so much :P
ReplyDeletewell this all sounds positive and good, al hamdullilah
guess the move is gonna b soon?